ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-24-2022, 04:05 PM   #5941
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Haha. The Ghost Rider Haslab is failing

Hasbro finally getting the message about their ridiculous pricing.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:44 PM   #5942
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

So over at reddit, someone posted that their local target had released the Deluxe Mojo standalone figure.

Quote:
This makes the Pulse exclusive version so scummy

EDIT - original image was too large, my apologies
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 04:56 PM   #5943
dawingster
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
So over at reddit, someone posted that their local target had released the Deluxe Mojo standalone figure.

This makes the Pulse exclusive version so scummy

EDIT - original image was too large, my apologies
This is a single release of MOJO, no Longshot/Dazzler/ or paperweight Wolverine

more images from Twitter

Last edited by dawingster; 09-24-2022 at 05:01 PM.
dawingster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 05:35 PM   #5944
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post

this is nothing to be happy about. At the end, it's supply and demand. If there is no demand, less supply.

Now that being said, there were some strategic problems. Because the tiers are all figures this time, they really should have revealed all the tiers so people know what characters are hanging on the line.

I'm hoping if the characters are interesting enough we will hit all the tiers and see the Robbie Reyes character being made.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:00 PM   #5945
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

I personally don't see the value in the Haslab Ghostrider set, there is so much they could have added to make it worth it IMHO, like licensed vehicle, chrome, R/C, sounds and real flames

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 06:00 PM   #5946
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

1x Retro Lizard was at a WM here today. Posted it in the AB forum and left it for whoever needed it.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2022, 11:00 PM   #5947
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post

As cloud said, nothing to be too happy about as there's always the high possibility they learn the wrong lessons from it failing, such as "I guess no one likes/wants to buy Ghost Rider characters" or "no one wants vehicles, just figures", or similar fallacies.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 02:26 AM   #5948
Robimus
Super Moderator

The “supply and demand” angle of the conversation is an interesting one.

Its all depends of point of view to an extent.

I say this because there is no supply, because not a single unit of product has been produced.

At a fundamental level supply and demand is defined as when product exceeds demand, prices will fall. When demand exceeds supply, prices rise.

By crowdfunding Hasbro is kinda bypassing the basic principles of that concept. Fixing the economic game to an extent.

Its more “Gauging Demand”, with supply being something that may or may not become relevant much later on.

Anyway, I’m not an economist so my take could be complete nonsense. Just a thought I had.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:47 AM   #5949
random11
Convention Exclusive

Supply and demand drive price in an open market. This isnt an open market as Hasbro is setting a fixed price. And the supply is infinite as there is no cap (afaik). So the only thing that can change in that equation is demand.

We know at least 5,754 people think the price is fair. That is the current demand. Hasbro wont make the product unless it has at least 9000 backers. If not enough people back it then Hasbro has a few options. They can just let it die and try and figure out what about this project fans didn't like so that they are more likely to be successful with a future project. They can extend the deadline and hope with more time they can advertise to more people and find more demand. Or they can lower the price/add more value. By lowering the price/adding more value that would change the supply and demand equation and should increase demand and hopefully that would be enough to get funded.

Based on their previous labs projects if it fails I dont see them lowering the price. I dont think Hasbro will just randomly guess at why people didnt like it. They can do market research to see why demand wasnt there. They could do this with customer feedback surveys, monitoring customer service lines, looking at twitter etc.

Obviously there are many reasons why demand might fall short. It could be no one wants a ghost rider figure for that price. It could be no one wants that ghost rider figure for that price. It could be no one wants a big vehicle for that price. It could be no one wants that big vehicle for that price.

I keep saying "for that price" because the demand will go up if they lower the price.

If they find out people do want the figure but just not for that price they have a few options. If for some reason there is a lot of profit margin on the figure right now they could just cut into that (doubt this will happen). They could look at cutting costs somewhere in the pipeline (ie cut down on number of accessories or how detailed the figure is). Or they could just find that its not worth it and move on.

But all that said... I keep seeing people complain about prices. And the only way to show Hasbro that they are making things too expensive is to not buy it. If youre worried they wont find out the ""right"" reason people arent buying it... dont. They will figure it out pretty quickly. And these Labs projects are probably the best way to show them too, because they havent actually manufactured anything yet, risk is low for them... thats the whole point of the HasLabs in the first place.

Last edited by random11; 09-25-2022 at 03:50 AM.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2022, 03:47 PM   #5950
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Should’ve just done the black bird lol.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote