ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 11-21-2018, 10:10 AM   #61
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6"

Not a DC collector but in regards to Northmen: I have ordered from them once and it was a good experience. I pre ordered a bunch of ML singles and paid upfront. Took awhile to get everything I ordered (that's Hasbro's issue not theirs)but when I emailed to inquire they were prompt to get back to me with exactly what they were waiting on and an ETA. The free shipping on orders over $100 is also nice. Overall they shipped fast once my complete order was ready and have good customer service. I will repeat with them 100% in the future. Would highly recommend them to you guys.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 01:48 AM   #62
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...224-story.html

Adios DC boys toys from Mattel by 2020.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 12:22 PM   #63
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
https://www.latimes.com/business/la-...224-story.html

Adios DC boys toys from Mattel by 2020.
In regards to that does that include the dc multiverse line? Then also what experience do spin master even have in making action figures? Only things I have ever seen them make is hatchimals and meccano. So I’m not going into this venture with the highest of hopes.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 03:10 PM   #64
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Yeah it's boys toys, so DC Multiverse is gone from Mattel. Spinmaster does not make any type of action figures like them as of right now. Guess they have 2 years to figure it out?
Old 12-28-2018, 04:00 PM   #65
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Yeah it's boys toys, so DC Multiverse is gone from Mattel. Spinmaster does not make any type of action figures like them as of right now. Guess they have 2 years to figure it out?
As far as I know Spinmaster makes the new Ninja Turtles.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2018, 06:58 PM   #66
Napseeker
Dark Knight

SpinMaster made TRON Legacy figures. They were "okay" in that they had good articulation, but the light-up feature hampered the torso, and the Kevin Flynn face sculpt was laughably bad.

They are really, really going to have to do much better if they want to keep the DC license beyond 3 years, specifically Marvel Universe quality figures, not Funko 9POA.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 03:29 PM   #67
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2026 View Post
As far as I know Spinmaster makes the new Ninja Turtles.
I could be wrong, but I believe they only handle distribution for TMNT and Voltron stuff. Playmates actually makes them though. I have no idea why things are that way, but plastic gods help us all if they botch distribution for anything else as much as they did the Voltron line.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2018, 07:38 PM   #68
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

No idea about Voltron since I don't collect those, but Mattel distribution has been abysmal in Canada for 2 years so it must be bad!
Old 12-30-2018, 01:11 AM   #69
Vorahk
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I could be wrong, but I believe they only handle distribution for TMNT and Voltron stuff. Playmates actually makes them though. I have no idea why things are that way, but plastic gods help us all if they botch distribution for anything else as much as they did the Voltron line.
Oh my god if they do anything like they did with tmnt or voltron we are all screwed for dc figures.
Vorahk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 05:59 PM   #70
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
No idea about Voltron since I don't collect those, but Mattel distribution has been abysmal in Canada for 2 years so it must be bad!
It’s crazy, right? I don’t think I saw any DC Multiverse figures in stores this holiday season. I know they keep coming out cause I see them on my Instagram feed, but I’ve never seen any of the new blue box BAF waves. No Aquaman figures aside from the cheapy ones. Nothing mass produced since Justice League except for those weird Val Kilmer Batman and diecast Injustice figures. I wish I could add some DC figures into my shelves to mingle with the 60+ Marvel Legends figures I got just this year, but there’s never anything new at retail to get.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote