ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-03-2022, 04:11 PM   #4851
Enforcer
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraCommander View Post
I think ownership is separate between Cdn and Us, as it is with the Euro and Asia TRU, right?
Probably - either way, it's safe to say they are officially a struggling retailer during the pandemic. Prince increases are not a sign of good things - just the opposite.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:57 PM   #4852
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I think ownership is separate between Cdn and Us, as it is with the Euro and Asia TRU, right?
Yes. That's why those entities survived vs the USA TRU thankfully.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 04:58 PM   #4853
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Their prices are higher. Let's hope prices don't get as high elsewhere. Prioritize shopping where prices are lower.

Let it end.
Agreed
Old 02-03-2022, 05:32 PM   #4854
springwolf84
Cobra Trooper

The issue with TRU’s increases is that they’re so far beyond the MSRP from Hasbro.
The next official MSRP increase takes effect March 28, for products releasing after that date. For Legends the new price is 35.99.
So yeah, TRU jacking up the prices to well beyond that, 2 months earlier, on EXISTING product....it’s all shady and definitely should be frowned upon. No one else is doing that.
springwolf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 05:49 PM   #4855
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by springwolf84 View Post
The issue with TRU?s increases is that they?re so far beyond the MSRP from Hasbro.
The next official MSRP increase takes effect March 28, for products releasing after that date. For Legends the new price is 35.99.
So yeah, TRU jacking up the prices to well beyond that, 2 months earlier, on EXISTING product....it?s all shady and definitely should be frowned upon. No one else is doing that.

Exactly this ^

If it wasn't for Toy Snowman, and other small online stores being transparent with what Hasbro is charging, 2 months from now, we wouldn't really know where the line might be drawn.

Everything about TRU's price increases scream "make back money on our purchase of the company" and very little to do with the actual realities of the current world market. Otherwise they would be trying to keep their prices much more in line with Walmart, and definitely wouldn't be charging exponentially more than small independent retailers.

Now maybe come April Walmart and others will start charging the same as TRU for all the same products. However if the numbers Toy Snowman provided are accurate, then TRU will be charging somewhere between $4-$9 more than MSRP for the various 6" lines. (actually they already are)

Sixshot1981 says it isn't some evil plan to rip us off, but it is definitely a plan to overcharge, or it is just willy-nilly price increases and that would be almost worse than the other ideas.

And as others have said, to start 2 months before the next increase, and to include product you already paid for, which is already sitting on shelves, is at bare minimum shady. We see people take smaller guys to task for suspect pricing, but somehow we are supposed to just shut up and accept it from a large corporation because of inflation? No thanks.

I guess we will see if this affects TRU's bottom line or not.

Last edited by canprime; 02-03-2022 at 05:51 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:26 PM   #4856
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
I think both are owned by Doug P. Although the us and ca are held under different llc?s
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 06:50 PM   #4857
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

@canprime while I feel all of us are barely scratching the surface and are speculating at best, only TRU is aware of the truth...I'd like to think there's some logical explanation why this is happening and it is much more than inflation and we know that.

Also I mean come on...anytime there's a price increase on anything at any store ever point to me a company any company that takes their stock and separates it to 2 separate piles pre and post price hike ??? how is any of that shady ??? If home Depot raised prices on a specific snowblower tomorrow and they had 2 in stock before and received 2 more identical models after the hike are they gonna price them different ? That's irrational.

Believe me if they turn around and jack up prices again in March...I'm sure this site will explode and I will look very wrong lol but again there's plenty of known factors at play here and only time will tell
Old 02-03-2022, 07:26 PM   #4858
springwolf84
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post

Also I mean come on...anytime there's a price increase on anything at any store ever point to me a company any company that takes their stock and separates it to 2 separate piles pre and post price hike ??? how is any of that shady ??? If home Depot raised prices on a specific snowblower tomorrow and they had 2 in stock before and received 2 more identical models after the hike are they gonna price them different ? That's irrational.
But that?s the thing, the MSRP is meant for new items released after the increase takes effect. In the case of Legends, the product on the shelves isn?t the same snowblower that has continual new stock coming in, they?re different models of snowblower altogether. So old stock wouldn?t necessarily go up if a new item comes in. In most retailers the old outdated stock goes to clearance.

Toys R Us is trying something new here that?s very different than how most retailers do things.

And I think it?s shitty and I won?t support them in it.
springwolf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:02 PM   #4859
Webs
Man of Spiders

Why are you so vehemently defending toys r us? Do you work there or own stocks in the company or something?
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 08:04 PM   #4860
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
Why are you so vehemently defending toys r us? Do you work there or own stocks in the company or something?
Pretty sure he's trolling at this point. Let's all just ignore him so I can stop getting endless email notifications about this useless argument.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote