ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 01-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #11
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: Zellers for sale!

Awesome news!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 03:25 PM   #12
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Yes all awesome news in terms of collecting goes and such, but terrible news in terms of Canada. As Canadians we are slowly losing what we can call our own. First its this then its going to be Canada(just spit balling). Im sorry but Im against this(was when HBC was taking over). And Im against any other American company takeover Canadians companies.
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:00 PM   #13
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl. Chrissandwich View Post
Yes all awesome news in terms of collecting goes and such, but terrible news in terms of Canada. As Canadians we are slowly losing what we can call our own. First its this then its going to be Canada(just spit balling). Im sorry but Im against this(was when HBC was taking over). And Im against any other American company takeover Canadians companies.
I agree. It will be good to have some competion for Walmart but its too bad a Canadian company couldn't have done it. I miss the days of being able to shop at Woolco, Woodwards, Eatons, Consumer Distributing, Kresges, Toys and Wheels, Tops in Toys....so many good stores gone.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 08:41 PM   #14
CardiacArrest
Cobra Trooper

i hope that the zellers stores, during the convert, will start stocking DCUC figures. We need more of those. IMO
CardiacArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 09:58 PM   #15
4lott
Master of the Universe

I miss Toyville and Consumers Distributing also cobralegion. Unfortunately for Zellersit's parent company HBC was bought over by an american company some years back.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:19 PM   #16
Cpl. Chrissandwich
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
I miss Toyville and Consumers Distributing also cobralegion. Unfortunately for Zellersit's parent company HBC was bought over by an american company some years back.
Yp that made me very mad. I remember reading somewhere that there was a contract between HBC and the Canadian government stating that HBC cannot be sold to a foregin company. Im pretty sure people heard about this because wasnt the government trying to get HBC back?
Cpl. Chrissandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 10:55 PM   #17
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Well Zellers you were starting to improve your selection of SW toys, but I am quite happy to hear about the takeover. I think this will lead to a much cleaner, better stocked store with more ordering of product to make it competitive with other retailers like TRU and Walmart. Great for me especially since I hated missing out on those US exclusives.

No regrets here, if you can't give customers what they want and at great pricing, you die off like the dinosaurs.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 11:44 PM   #18
cobralegion
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Yeah its been an American company for a while now so I think thats why its not as big a shock that its changing to Target.

It'll be nice to have more access to Target brands and exclusives but it wont make up for the overall lack of places to shop. I remember when I first started collecting, you could go to 10 different retailers to find what you wanted. Especially with regards to toys. The Bay, Sears, Eatons, Woolco, Woodwards, CD, Kresges, etc all had actual toy departments and many were full of Joes, Star Wars, and whatever else was hot that year.
Times change though and thankfully we have the internet to make up for it. I get at least 60% of my toys online now. Still, it was cool seeing all those toys in the stores.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:03 AM   #19
ambasah
Cobra Trooper

great news for me. and has been stated, zeller's has been american owned for many years already.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2011, 11:40 AM   #20
lars573
Clone trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
I agree. It will be good to have some competion for Walmart but its too bad a Canadian company couldn't have done it. I miss the days of being able to shop at Woolco, Woodwards, Eatons, Consumer Distributing, Kresges, Toys and Wheels, Tops in Toys....so many good stores gone.
Woolco=American company
lars573 is offline   Reply With Quote