ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-22-2009, 01:07 PM   #21
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: The AFN Star Wars Cantina Social Thread

Yeah, that the first lightsaber guantlet I've seen as well. Strange I dont recall him using it on the show, of course I'm only up to episode 14 or so.

And I'm in complete agreement on the Force Unleashed stuff. It's the only Star Wars novel I could not finish reading. Palpatine's black clad royal guardsmen started shooting Force lightning and I was like "Thats it, this is way dumn".

That game play style stuff might work well for the game itself(I dunno) but it just didn't fit in the universe.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 03:15 PM   #22
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper

I think some of the best Jedi games out there would be Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, Jedi Knight II: Jedi Acamedy, and Knights of the Old Republic.

Fair Force powers where neither light or dark side is incredibly over powered and some amazing lightsaber commands in the Jedi Knight series (especially in the sequals) with varying stances that basically makes you figure out what works best for you. I'm sure people can still get their hands on Jedi Knight II and the graphics are not incredibly outdated like Dark Forces II....down side theres only one ending really and game graphic cutscences where as Dark Forces II has live action cutscenes that were filmed for the game and and had 2 different ending depending on whether you stayed on the light side of the Force or fall to the dark side.

Last edited by GMfan101; 02-22-2009 at 03:17 PM.
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 09:27 PM   #23
Robimus
Super Moderator

Yeah, those games are the most well recieved, along with the X-Wing vs Tie Fighter computer games. They also all exist within official Star Wars canon in some form or another.

For the Kyle Katarn stuff basically the lightside endings ended up as canon. For KotOR we have the lightside endings as Canon as well with Revan confirmed as being Male and the Exile female. Too bad the long rumored Bastila figure has yet to become a reality
Old 03-12-2009, 11:25 AM   #24
Robimus
Super Moderator

Here's a link to some cool podcasts featuring interviews with Matt Stover and Karen Miller.

SWActionnews
Old 03-19-2009, 12:59 AM   #25
Robimus
Super Moderator

Darman.jpg

I love this cover. Can't wait for this one. As the Skirata's turn, lol.

Darman and company are now a part of the 501st.....cool. Maybe we'll see Vader
Old 03-24-2009, 12:51 AM   #26
Robimus
Super Moderator

Fate of the Jedi: Outcast comes out tomorrow.

I'll be getting my copy soon.
Old 04-04-2009, 01:00 AM   #27
Robimus
Super Moderator

Some sad news about Outcast Author Mr.Allston today. While promoting his book he had a heart attack. Mr. Allston has been a big part of the Star Wars Expanded Universe for many years, going all the way back to the X-Wing Series novels.

Yesterday, Del Rey author Aaron Allston underwent quadruple bypass surgery. Aaron was on tour, promoting his latest book Star Wars: Fate of the Jedi: Outcast when he suffered a heartattack and was admitted to a hospital in Texas. He is currently in intensive care, but stable. Our thoughts are with him.
Please send any well-wishes to:
Aaron Allston
c/o Del Rey Books
1745 Broadway
New York, NY 10019

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Old 04-16-2009, 02:48 AM   #28
Robimus
Super Moderator

I loved Legacy #'s 32 and 33. Tries Sinde rules and the other characters, both Mon Cal and Sith were so much fun.

It's got the underwater Star Wars battle scenes I've always wanted to see including an underwater AT-AT.

Old 04-16-2009, 10:05 AM   #29
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha

Yo Star Warriors!

Name's Jamie, and I have been a HUGE SW fan through all the years since my Grandpa took me to see ESB in theatres when I was a tyke.

I have a bunch of the original 80's figures still, all out of package, and I still buy a bunch of the toys to play with and check out since they have always been my favourite part of Star Wars fandom.

Love the EU stuff, I have all of the comics done by Dark Horse in either original issues or TPB format, and have a lot of the original Marvel stuff as well, just a few issues here and there to fill in. I buy most of the novels too, am only missing some of the Young Reader novels and such for my collection, but may wait to pick some of these up until my daughter gets a bit older and can read/have them read to her.

Love the new Clone Wars cartoon, and hope the series goes on for a long time. The toys coming out of this are great, though I would love to see more articulation in the knee's and feet. Plo Koon is by far one of the best Jedi figures Hasbro has done to date. Looking forward to getting the Magna Guards to surround Greivous in a new diorama I'm making for the Clone Wars. A new Obi-Wan figure with greater articulation is needed too, as the Anakin from the Battle Pack has jointed knees and ankles to make it much better than the first one.

Look forward to meeting and speaking with more of you on these forums!

Cheers,
JB
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 12:56 AM   #30
Robimus
Super Moderator

Nice to see another Star Wars fanatic. I've been slowly getting the Young Adult novels myself.

I really think that Last of the Jedi was an excellent, dark series for YA books if your looking to start somewhere FWA.

Jedi Quest and Jedi Apprentice are not as high on my list, while the new series, Rebel Force is kinda fun as well.

Welcome here.