ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 04-28-2017, 09:07 AM   #11
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Figures, Vehicles & Roleplay 30% Off at Toys"R"Us April 28th - May 4th

Welp, went in store and I guess the price protection is 12 days and returning the item is 45 days.

I asked if I could just return the items and rebuy them and they refused. Given it was Cyclops, Collosus and Old Man Logan I didn't want to risk returning them and hoping they make it back to the shelves for me for $30.

They refused to scan the 12" Deadpool figure as well. Overall they were nothing but a hassle and I just left now. Brutal.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:27 AM   #12
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Figures, Vehicles & Roleplay 30% Off at Toys"R"Us April 28th - May 4th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
The flyer is now live on their website.

Seems like there's no restrictions in the fine print.

Hoping the X-Men wave with Cyclops and such is on sale so I can get some money back. If the 12" Deadpool on Monday has this sale on it I would be extremely happy.

Do I need to bring the items in to do the price protection stuff or are the receipts enough? Never done it before. I hope I don't get hassled.

Pretty sure its just the receipt you need, they scan it, refund the difference and mark your original with a stamp that says its been price adjusted...this is all i have done in the past, but I'm pretty sure its only two weeks or something if the dollar value is below a certain point.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 01:17 PM   #13
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Pretty sure its just the receipt you need, they scan it, refund the difference and mark your original with a stamp that says its been price adjusted...this is all i have done in the past, but I'm pretty sure its only two weeks or something if the dollar value is below a certain point.
Yeah I posted just above you with my results, no dice. I got them just under 3 weeks ago and they wouldn't go the extra mile and let me return them and rebuy them at the cheaper price either as some here had suggested to try. I feel like retailers have been taken advantage of so much by scammers and such that they refuse to go the extra mile anymore. Really sucks, never used to have an issue doing this years ago at TRU, Wal-Mart etc. now everyone automatically thinks you're trying to scam them.

If anyone can get their TRU to scan the 12" Marvel Legends Deadpool to see if it will be 30% off when it releases on Monday May 1st that would be helpful!

Mine refused to even do that, even through earlier this week they let me look at the figure and everything. Ugh. They also said they would only match the Wal-Mart Canada price ($10 cheaper than TRU) for Deadpool if it is still in stock on Monday, and once again wouldn't go the extra mile to give it to me at that price from showing them today. Ugh. I just don't understand that mentality of a retailer, I can as a consumer go and pre-order it from Wal-Mart Canada right now at a cheaper price, the purpose of a price match is to keep customers shopping at your store and not go elsewhere. In this case I can go elsewhere to buy it right now, yet they refuse and tell me to wait and if it is sold out by Monday I am out of luck.

I really dislike my local TRU, and hate that it is the only one here.

Last edited by Darth Cosmos; 04-28-2017 at 01:22 PM.
Old 04-28-2017, 01:59 PM   #14
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

Why are you giving up so easily just go to a different store, if you have one within 20 minutes it's worth your time.
Even on 3 figures that's a return of $27
Some stores are more strict than others, it depends on the people managing the places.
Unfortunately if you are not in a densely populated area then you only have 1 store around, I'm in a similar boat the next closest to me is London.
Luckily the people at the store in my city are pretty cool.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 04:53 PM   #15
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 View Post
Why are you giving up so easily just go to a different store, if you have one within 20 minutes it's worth your time.
Even on 3 figures that's a return of $27
Some stores are more strict than others, it depends on the people managing the places.
Unfortunately if you are not in a densely populated area then you only have 1 store around, I'm in a similar boat the next closest to me is London.
Luckily the people at the store in my city are pretty cool.
Yeah, like I said, it is the only store here. Next nearest one is a 6 hour drive. My store has become increasingly aggressive with stuff like this and I feel like not shopping there any longer.
Old 04-29-2017, 11:09 AM   #16
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

Quote:
Yeah, like I said, it is the only store here. Next nearest one is a 6 hour drive. My store has become increasingly aggressive with stuff like this and I feel like not shopping there any longer.
Sorry missed that little tidbit of info. I've been very fortunate when it comes to the store I have in town.
Its still not right though, the thing that kills me is that they don't need to be aggressive if they are the only store within 6 hours then there sales should be awesome.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:56 AM   #17
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 View Post
Sorry missed that little tidbit of info. I've been very fortunate when it comes to the store I have in town.
Its still not right though, the thing that kills me is that they don't need to be aggressive if they are the only store within 6 hours then there sales should be awesome.
Yeah it's brutal. I'll just purchase elsewhere for now if I can at retail. It's sad when Wal-Mart provides better service.

I did call my TRU and they did check the 12" Deadpool price for me and it did ring up on sale! $54.99! Definitely picking that up Monday when the street date releases. Yay!
Old 04-29-2017, 01:48 PM   #18
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Tried to find some online support for you, but they only seem to list competitor price-matches or guarantees:

http://m.toysrus.ca/helpdesk/panel/i...ubdisplay=find

What they're doing is adjusting to themselves, which the people out here have told me is 45 days now. Maybe it's a more recent change that is not done at all stores yet?

Also all the other 12" are $48.97 now, so Deadpool confirmed to be $10 more regular price now... at $79.99.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 04-29-2017 at 01:55 PM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #19
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Tried to find some online support for you, but they only seem to list competitor price-matches or guarantees:

http://m.toysrus.ca/helpdesk/panel/i...ubdisplay=find

What they're doing is adjusting to themselves, which the people out here have told me is 45 days now. Maybe it's a more recent change that is not done at all stores yet?

Also all the other 12" are $48.97 now, so Deadpool confirmed to be $10 more regular price now... at $79.99.
Thanks for helping out. I think I'll just try again at close tonight when some different staff are on. Many of my collector friends here feel the same way, that this TRU location has become increasingly abrasive and give a lot of hassle for basic things like this.
Old 04-30-2017, 01:56 AM   #20
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Thanks for helping out. I think I'll just try again at close tonight when some different staff are on. Many of my collector friends here feel the same way, that this TRU location has become increasingly abrasive and give a lot of hassle for basic things like this.
I don't want to be a dick but if it happens to me I would email the customer service and let them know what happened at your store. Maybe Toys R Us Canada will say this branch is doing the right thing or new policy whatever or they may side with you.

From what I understand they are a running business and want to profit. Doesn't help if they aren't being competitive enough and always stocking many items that nobody wants to buy. I've seen so many of the Civil War toys aimed for kids warming shelves. That movie was from a year ago and there's like half of shelf of them no on clearance.

Last edited by cloud; 04-30-2017 at 02:10 AM.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
groot, guardians, legends, marvel, starlord