ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-13-2021, 11:13 AM   #4171
EpicLumpia
Agent of Shield
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

All exclusives are now at the $39.99 price point.
EpicLumpia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 12:31 PM   #4172
Ksteel
Mutant

I mean the Infinity Saga MCU individual figures are also $40.

Is this really worth $40? $45 after tax.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:03 PM   #4173
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicLumpia View Post
All exclusives are now at the $39.99 price point.
Yeah, and if that Yakface rumor is any indication, the deluxe figures (at $45 previously) will soon be $50+tax. Insanity.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 01:43 PM   #4174
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I mean the Infinity Saga MCU individual figures are also $40.

Is this really worth $40? $45 after tax.
No, no it's not. No Black Series or Marvel Legend is worth $40+. Hasbro really needs to step it up with black series or more people are going to start bowing out. When was the last time you heard anyone talk about Main line figures anymore? All I hear is exclusive this, exclusive that. When was the last time the main line had a solid wave full of figures you couldn't pass up? Now days there's maybe 1-2 figures people actually want mean while the rest sits.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-13-2021 at 01:48 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 02:51 PM   #4175
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Honestly until the Americans break the $30 price barrier for a single figure (mainline) we won't see much movement.

The reality is we are peanuts next to our neighbours to the south. Yeah they are complaining about their price increases, but much like us they will still mostly buy. However I think when they inevitably hit $30 a fig you'll see a bigger bleed of buyers.

As for me, I left BS months ago so I will have to be really moved to buy a figure now. ML is getting to be the same, but not quite there yet, and I'm still a sucker for Classified.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 03:32 PM   #4176
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Honestly until the Americans break the $30 price barrier for a single figure (mainline) we won't see much movement.

The reality is we are peanuts next to our neighbours to the south. Yeah they are complaining about their price increases, but much like us they will still mostly buy. However I think when they inevitably hit $30 a fig you'll see a bigger bleed of buyers.

As for me, I left BS months ago so I will have to be really moved to buy a figure now. ML is getting to be the same, but not quite there yet, and I'm still a sucker for Classified.
You're right but another big thing to add is that this is the first significant price increase they've had in 10 years. The Americans are going to be more willing to swallow the price increase. Hasbro at this point is just pricing out their Canadian consumers with all the price hikes we consistently get. I think this is the 5th one in 10 years. Then with all their American big box exclusives a lot of the U.K, Australian and Asian consumers are bowing out cause they are stuck paying scalper prices for these figures since they don't have Walmart, Target, etc. But like you said, the buyer base outside of USA for Hasbro is just too small to make any real impact on their bottom line. Only way we'll see anything drastic happen is once the Americans stop buying into it and really hurt Hasbro's bottom line.
Old 08-13-2021, 04:16 PM   #4177
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

With every price increase it's the same comments and same conversation...if your still here you'll still be here with the same posts after the next price bump. Face it...you're all hooked maybe a bit more selective but Hasbro still has you on their line.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 05:02 PM   #4178
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

That statement is true but everyone has a tipping point eventually where they say screw it and move on. It mainly gives us something to discuss more than anything. I mean what else is there to talk about when it comes to Black Series right now that's coming up? An Archive wave full of old releases? Clone Wars Walmart Exclusives that we haven't even seen yet despite already going up for preorder? Black series has nothing going on really to talk about aside from price increase.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 08-13-2021 at 05:09 PM.
Old 08-13-2021, 05:47 PM   #4179
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
With every price increase it's the same comments and same conversation...if your still here you'll still be here with the same posts after the next price bump. Face it...you're all hooked maybe a bit more selective but Hasbro still has you on their line.
I'm definitely interested in the Marvel Legends MCU line, specifically Infinity Saga (not bothering with the Phase 4 rubbish).

However, I'm fully aware that they are currently overpriced and a ripoff. Hasbro taking advantage of it's consumer base. So from a cost/benefit analysis, it isn't worth it.

If they ever go on sale or clearance, they'd be worth it... they're solid figures, just not worth the current prices.

That IronMan/Thanos 2-pack will cost somewhere south of $100 after tax currently. If it's ever clearanced out for a much lower price, I'd be game. However, if that doesn't happen.. no major loss. I already have solid versions of those figures.

I remember getting the "First 10 Years" line on sale and clearance for super cheap in 2019. We'll see if something like that happens again.

Last edited by Ksteel; 08-13-2021 at 05:50 PM.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2021, 06:08 PM   #4180
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Once the pandemic is under better control and we resume more normal life demand will drop. We will have other stuff to spend on, like vacations in Hawaii. We can also pop down to US to take advantage of price differential.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote