ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-12-2016, 10:59 PM   #1
Raine
Cobra Trooper
Visiting Toronto

I am going to be in Toronto in May, can anyone point me to where the best place to shop for japanese figures/collectibles eg. (figuarts power rangers, saint seiya myth cloth, chogokin, takara tomy transformers masterpiece and marvel legends.) pls and thanks.
Raine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield
Re: Visiting Toronto

* = your best bet for the stuff that interests you

Yeah you'll definitely wanna check out *AnimeXtreme on spadina
  • Some of their sets seem a bit overpriced but they don't have much competition to deal with. Lots of model kits, tools and paint, manga, figuarts, art books etc. Although they don't carry marvel legends.

There's also Navito World right around the corner
  • They're actually a licensed distributor for good smile company stuff. It's a smaller store, pretty cramped and more suited as a warehouse/pick up for online orders. Again, no marvel legends, but mostly figma statues, other anime/video game figures.

There's also other stores in the Spadina area. Nothing a "must see" but there might be things that interest you.
  • A&C Games - More a gaming store, some minor collectibles but if you're around it's a nice place to pop into. Their shirts are great.
  • Dr. Comics - Small comic shop in Kensington market, nothing amazing just comics, figures, standard comic shop. There's a churro shop nearby, I personally enjoy the area.
  • Meeplemart - definitely gaming related; card games, board games, diorama stuff. They have some things like pop vinyls and neca toys. It's easy to miss and in a basement beside TD bank.

Seeing as it is downtown, you're definitely gonna be on Yonge st.

*Silver Snail - probably the most popular comic shop in the city, or at least everyone's familiar with it. It's above a five guys just walk upstairs. They have a little bit of everything; legends, selects, figuarts, model kits, dc collectibles, other geek related memorabilia. There's also the Black Canary cafe attached to the store.

If you walk down closer towards Yonge & Wellesley

One Million Comix - same thing as Silver Snail although with a lot more apparel and huge selection of back issues.

401 Games - Primarily gaming related but a decent selection of collectibles with a similar selection to the previous 2 stores i mentioned.

Last edited by StaticShin27; 04-13-2016 at 01:00 PM.
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
Raine
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticShin27 View Post
* = your best bet for the stuff that interests you

Yeah you'll definitely wanna check out *AnimeXtreme on spadina
  • Some of their sets seem a bit overpriced but they don't have much competition to deal with. Lots of model kits, tools and paint, manga, figuarts, art books etc. Although they don't carry marvel legends.

There's also Navito World right around the corner
  • They're actually a licensed distributor for good smile company stuff. It's a smaller store, pretty cramped and more suited as a warehouse/pick up for online orders. Again, no marvel legends, but mostly figma statues, other anime/video game figures.

There's also other stores in the Spadina area. Nothing a "must see" but there might be things that interest you.
  • A&C Games - More a gaming store, some minor collectibles but if you're around it's a nice place to pop into. Their shirts are great.
  • Dr. Comics - Small comic shop in Kensington market, nothing amazing just comics, figures, standard comic shop. There's a churro shop nearby, I personally enjoy the area.
  • Meeplemart - definitely gaming related; card games, board games, diorama stuff. They have some things like pop vinyls and neca toys. It's easy to miss and in a basement beside TD bank.

Seeing as it is downtown, you're definitely gonna be on Yonge st.

*Silver Snail - probably the most popular comic shop in the city, or at least everyone's familiar with it. It's above a five guys just walk upstairs. They have a little bit of everything; legends, selects, figuarts, model kits, dc collectibles, other geek related memorabilia. There's also the Black Canary cafe attached to the store.

If you walk down closer towards Yonge & Wellesley

One Million Comix - same thing as Silver Snail although with a lot more apparel and huge selection of back issues.

401 Games - Primarily gaming related but a decent selection of collectibles with a similar selection to the previous 2 stores i mentioned.

This definitely helps me alot, thanks greatly appreciate the response.
Old 04-14-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
wzfoto
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
I am going to be in Toronto in May, can anyone point me to where the best place to shop for japanese figures/collectibles eg. (figuarts power rangers, saint seiya myth cloth, chogokin, takara tomy transformers masterpiece and marvel legends.) pls and thanks.
I am selling my remaining saint seiya myth cloth figures in Toronto. Check out this thread for details:

http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...0427#post80427
wzfoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 02:58 PM   #5
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

No problem, and if you're in the Yonge & Dundas area anyway, there's a Toystoystoys and Disney store inside the Eaton Centre.
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2016, 03:19 PM   #6
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Planet X in the Beaches (Queen St East) has a lot of Marvel Legends and some import stuff...if you're willing to venture a bit east of the downtown core
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:06 AM   #7
Raine
Cobra Trooper

Guys thanks for the info appreciate it greatly.