ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-03-2012, 12:06 AM   #31
flipnosis
Red Shirt
Re: Avengers Movie 6" Walmart

To all my fellow Winnipegers: I was just at the Walmart in Grand Forks and they had about a dozen of the 6" Avengers exclusives there. But they only had Cap, Iron Man, and Thor. Better than nothing. Absolutely nothing in Fargo!
flipnosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 01:41 AM   #32
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

!?!?!

Could this actually be a sign that they're making their way over here? Or maybe a friendly American brought some figures up North and returned them there so that some of us could get some. That sounds a little weird but some actually do do that, as well as bring them to stores that don't get stock to encourage them to order some I suppose.
Onslaught is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 03:26 AM   #33
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

I just saw a post on a wrestling forum about these while searching for stuff. Apparently, someone found the Thor and IM at a Walmart in the GTA as well. The posting was made sometime in mid June. So far I've only seen 2 sightings about these, the post by flipnosis and the other by someone on a wrestling forum.

I'm hoping it is a sign that these will start showing up at Walmarts across Canada soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipnosis View Post
To all my fellow Winnipegers: I was just at the Walmart in Grand Forks and they had about a dozen of the 6" Avengers exclusives there. But they only had Cap, Iron Man, and Thor. Better than nothing. Absolutely nothing in Fargo!
How much were these?

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-03-2012 at 03:31 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:29 PM   #34
flipnosis
Red Shirt

They were $15.96 each but I don't think these will ever come out in Canada. Looks like us Canadians will have to settle for paying double the price on ebay, which i did for Hulk and Hawkeye
Old 07-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #35
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
They were $15.96 each but I don't think these will ever come out in Canada. Looks like us Canadians will have to settle for paying double the price on ebay, which i did for Hulk and Hawkeye
Why would you think that if you saw them in a store?
Old 07-03-2012, 10:33 PM   #36
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
The $15.96 price tag seems a bit low for these guys. I would think Walmart Canada would price them around the $20 range. Did you see them at a Walmart in Canada or in the US?

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-03-2012 at 10:35 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 10:44 PM   #37
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

The price does seem a little lower than usual but it's not necessarily impossible. The 6" Amazing Spider-Man figures were recently found in Australia at the price of around $15, which is ridiculous. If you thought prices were bad here, they're even worse down there so a 6" figure at that price is pretty amazing.

Edit: Oops at below, I had a feeling this was the case but never bothered to check. Was hopeful we were finally going to see them here.

Last edited by Onslaught; 07-04-2012 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:00 AM   #38
DanM
Aquanaut

He saw them in the States. Grand Forks is in North Dakota. Prolly on a cross border shopping trip and giving a heads up to other Winnipeggers doing the same.
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 12:05 PM   #39
flipnosis
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanM View Post
He saw them in the States. Grand Forks is in North Dakota. Prolly on a cross border shopping trip and giving a heads up to other Winnipeggers doing the same.
Thanks for clarifiying.

For those that don't know, Winnipeg is approx 2 1/2 hours from Grand Forks, which is in North Dakota.
Old 07-06-2012, 06:28 PM   #40
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

10 Walmarts later
Found these at only 2 of the Walmarts I hit during a trip to Illinois. The other Walmarts didn't even have the peg space for them.

Finally received Hulk and Hawkeye from eBay to complete the set. If these guys ever show up in Canada, I'll get another set to keep MOC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Avgrs Haul.jpg (100.3 KB, 30 views)
File Type: jpg New Avengers Haul.jpg (92.0 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by Prime Sinister; 07-19-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote