ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > Wrestling Toy News

Old 07-27-2014, 03:21 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
SDCC 2014 ? Hasbro Marvel Infinite Series Sunday Update

SDCC 2014 ? Hasbro Marvel Infinite Series Sunday Update

Category:

Posted From: TOYARK.COM - Toys and Action Figures
Old 07-27-2014, 05:31 PM   #2
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: SDCC 2014 ? Hasbro Marvel Infinite Series Sunday Update

I am not sure, but Big Time Spidey and Beast doesn't seem to have any waist or torso articulation.

http://www.youtube.com/user/rapidrundowns

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-27-2014 at 05:36 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2014, 07:19 PM   #3
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Watch the Marvel SDCC panel... going forward there will be limited articulation on most (all?) MI figures. Expect things like waist/torso articulation, swivel wrists(!!!), thigh cuts and bicep cuts to slowly disappear from the line.

Blame the Marvel guys Stall and Falcon, who are fanboys of the 6" line but also happen to have control over the 3.75" line too (and could care less about it quite frankly, Stall especially thinks 3.75" is for kids, not adult collectors).
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 12:14 AM   #4
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Watch the Marvel SDCC panel... going forward there will be limited articulation on most (all?) MI figures. Expect things like waist/torso articulation, swivel wrists(!!!), thigh cuts and bicep cuts to slowly disappear from the line.

Blame the Marvel guys Stall and Falcon, who are fanboys of the 6" line but also happen to have control over the 3.75" line too (and could care less about it quite frankly, Stall especially thinks 3.75" is for kids, not adult collectors).
Wow! That sucks! Can't believe they are phasing those out.

I hope you enjoy my videos! Don't forget to like, comment, and subscribe! Thank you for watching!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-28-2014 at 12:19 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 12:40 PM   #5
wedge1021
Mutant

Shartimus has an interview with Dwight Stall and a couple of the 3.75" designers and he asks them specifically about the articulation issues. A lot of BS side-stepping ensues. That portion is from about 1:45 to about 4:20 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6jK...PXFEEgrLhQ62Mw
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 04:44 PM   #6
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Shartimus has an interview with Dwight Stall and a couple of the 3.75" designers and he asks them specifically about the articulation issues. A lot of BS side-stepping ensues. That portion is from about 1:45 to about 4:20 here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6jK...PXFEEgrLhQ62Mw
Yeah, saw that and a video of the panel. Really disappointed. Not too please with the comment that Stall made when the MI guy said he was listening to fans and giving them requested characters.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 07-28-2014 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-28-2014, 04:53 PM   #7
wedge1021
Mutant

I'm sure there's times when the MI guys' jobs aren't too fun anymore. Especially the dude with the double-joint elbow tattoo - having to cut articulation out would be like cutting your arm off. And then having to shovel out PR crap and/or listen to guys like Stall commenting on how it's not bad and will be good for the line.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 07:45 PM   #8
Hantei
Master of the Universe

The lack of waist/ab articulation really bothers me, so does the wrist and thigh, but the loss of waist really limits the dynamic poses. The step back in articulation is very disappointing and confusing. I mean isn't the MU/MI a collector targeted series? And they do know we all love our articulation, so why cut back on what the targeted audience wants?

In the end though, proportionally Black Cat looks good. The previous female body they were using (Scarlet Witch, Wasp) the legs were too long. And it's sweet that we're getting 90s style Beast and Bishop!
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote