ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-11-2011, 04:39 AM   #1
dylanio21
Red Shirt
Question Where do you get stuff?

I go on the hunt from time to time for figures but if they're not REALLY classic or REALLY recent then I seem to have great trouble finding them.
Like the classic figures I used to collect (He-Man, GI Joe, TMNT, etc.) were all pretty easy to track down because so many people used to collect them and if it's new stuff coming out all the time (a lot of movie and video game statue-type figures) then they're usually stocked up for a little bit downtown (Toronto) but there's some figures I just can't find.

For example...I've recently been trying to find some older video game figures (Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, even Army of Two) and some older movie figures (Army of Darkness, Bubba Ho-Tep, Shaft) and they're just so hard to find anywhere besides the internet where they're way overpriced and from places I am iffy on purchasing from.

I figure somewhere in the GTA (or maybe even farther Ontario or at a convention) there must be a dealer with them, but I have no idea how to go about finding this information out.

Anyone who can help?
dylanio21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:06 PM   #2
Wing Leader
Cobra Trooper
Re: Where do you get stuff?

The problem with those particular video game related figures is that they are ongoing series, especially Resident Evil. Meaning that they come out with new related figures every year and only keep them in production for so long. The reason why the prices online are so high is because in some cases the values go up since people know you can no-longer find them in stores. Even if they don't go up, vendors can usually afford to hold out if they know they will sell eventually.

I would say go to Action Figure Expo in Toronto in October. You may get lucky. I know I saw some of the older MGS figures at Fan Expo last month. I know it's not the same, but it's the next biggest show in the area for quite a while.
Old 09-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #3
tekkamanraiden
G1 Original
tekkamanraiden's Ebay Auctions

You might want to try the action figure expo, there is usually quite the selection.

Feedback http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=19772
tekkamanraiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:33 AM   #4
Morg
Clonetrooper
Morg's Ebay Auctions

There is/was(?) a Sunrise Records at Cloverdale Mall in Etobicoke that used to pack a lot of the movie-related stuff you were mentioning, but I'm not sure if it is still open or not. It was still there in the spring, but it always had this discounted/going of out business vibe to it...

As for the video game stuff, I haven't been in an Electronics Boutique in years, but they used to always have a few of those properties warming pegs in the back.
Morg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #5
Wing Leader
Cobra Trooper

If any EB Games still has action figures, it's just because they're left over, and they won't have anything recent. They haven't officially carried figures in several years now.

As for Sunrise, that is a possibility too. Although they usually just carry a few Bioshock items and maybe Predators. I have heard that they do some special ordering though. I talked to someone once who ordered a special Assasin's Creed figure through them and picked it up in the store.