ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-19-2016, 10:38 AM   #221
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Any news about the new Marvel Deadpoolaction figure? When can we see this in our local WM?
The one from the next 6" Legends X-Men wave? Not sure if that wave has even been given a soft street date yet TBH...when/if this wave hits mass Canadian retail you can put your money on Deadpool being very hard to come by. Myself, I plan on ordering an entire case from a local dealer as this could very well be one of the best waves in a long time regarding the character selections.

...Or is Re: another Deadpool figure coming out that I'm not aware of?

Last edited by turtle power eh; 02-19-2016 at 11:26 AM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:10 PM   #222
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardo View Post
So what Electro16 is saying is that he couldn't be bothered to close an ad to gather the facts.

To end this, both Electro16 and Marvellegendsguy are correct... Marvellegendsguy is just more accurate.

Electro16, you received free shipping ONLY BECAUSE the total shipping cost of your order was below $20. For those of us who bought all 7 figures in Toronto, shipping was estimated at $31, minus the $20 "free shipping" discount, so ~$11.

* Free Shipping applies to regular shipping on qualifying items up to a maximum of $20.
This issue seems to be fixed on the toysrus website, the shipping cost estimates have been reduced, I was able to order 3 figures with free shipping to BC
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:22 PM   #223
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
The one from the next 6" Legends X-Men wave? Not sure if that wave has even been given a soft street date yet TBH...when/if this wave hits mass Canadian retail you can put your money on Deadpool being very hard to come by. Myself, I plan on ordering an entire case from a local dealer as this could very well be one of the best waves in a long time regarding the character selections.

...Or is Re: another Deadpool figure coming out that I'm not aware of?

Yes thats the one I was looking for. Some mixed emotions I read from the new Deadpool figure. Some said its a recycled mix up parts from the old Bucky figure and alike but I really dont care. I really want a Deadpool figure so bad. Im expecting this to be a sought out figure since the movie has just been shown. But Im still keeping my hope high. Hopefully I wont succumb to order it across the border because the exchange rate is just insane. I hope some local toy store including TRU & Walmart can bring it to Canada.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:59 PM   #224
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Any news about the new Marvel Deadpoolaction figure? When can we see this in our local WM?
That Deadpool will be part of the upcoming X-Men Legends wave (only 1 this year...sigh) coming out sometime in the Spring.
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 06:37 PM   #225
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Maybe I did not notice it before... but the Marvel Legends Cap Wave 6-inch pre-orders are 10% off @ TRU.ca... $22.47.
chaingunsofdoom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 10:06 PM   #226
wedge1021
Mutant

The Absorbing Man revision case just came in stock today at Entertainment Earth - just put my order in now, free shipping to my PO box in the States. It's the case with the extra Venom rather than the extra Spidey Carnage.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2016, 09:47 AM   #227
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

We have a very small number of Absorbing Man sets up for pre-order, will be in stock early March.

https://www.canucktibles.ca/collecti...ave-5-set-of-7
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:10 PM   #228
megathong
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
We have a very small number of Absorbing Man sets up for pre-order, will be in stock early March.

https://www.canucktibles.ca/collecti...ave-5-set-of-7
You guys should sell solid cases. Also, you should presell series way in advance to avoid preorder sellouts to forecast future orders. The Ahsoka wave should be already up to buy.
megathong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2016, 03:25 PM   #229
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

We don't pre-sell anything until it is available for us to order, and the window is often quite small for us to get our orders in. It would be pretty bad if we pre-sold a whole bunch of products that we couldn't follow through on.

We have temporarily stopped listing any SW Black Series for pre-order, for the simple fact that they are next to impossible for us to predict when we will actually receive them. We went through some growing pains with the first couple of series, and eventually had to cancel our Wave 1 orders as we have still not received them from our supplier. We are using a new distributor for the later waves, but we are choosing to err on the side of caution and that is why the Ahsoka wave isn't listed yet.

We have considered putting up full cases for ML, but it is matter of gauging demand and what actual value we can offer to the customer for taking that extra figure. For SWB we don't see much value at all, since there is such heavy repacking in those cases. It would be great for us, but only if customers actually buy them.

We are still a very new company and are still going through our initial growth phase. As such, there will be times that we underestimate demand, as a new product may bring in a wave of new customers we have never seen before. Likewise, we can't afford to go all out on a product and be left with piles of stock languishing in our warehouse. (For example, the Cap ML wave moved MUCH slower than Spider-Man, and we are now also getting cancellations since they have apparently hit retail here).

I understand that these are issues that all retailers deal with, and it is our burden to deal with them, but we (I) try to be as upfront and honest about our business as possible.
Old 02-21-2016, 03:30 PM   #230
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

That said, thank you for the feedback. We are constantly reevaluating how we do things and will keep it in mind.