ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-13-2022, 10:04 PM   #31
zeroxmarquis
Red Shirt
Re: Toys R Us Canada Announces all Collector Items Products as FINAL SALE

I work in the education system. I see kids every day from all walks of life. Children are barely buying toys in general, much less Marvel Legends. And if they buy toys, they're buying the cheaper versions as they're good enough.

The reason why Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc. sell out and leave the peg warmers is that you have many collectors that don't care about those secondary/tertiary characters. I buy Spider-Man and related symbiote characters exclusively. I don't care for the villains. I don't care for the allies. And I'd wager there are more casual collectors of ML that do so, especially given the price, than those that are completionists.
zeroxmarquis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2022, 10:46 PM   #32
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Thanks for the replies!

Also good to see this policy only being at the individual store level.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:34 AM   #33
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeroxmarquis View Post
I work in the education system. I see kids every day from all walks of life. Children are barely buying toys in general, much less Marvel Legends. And if they buy toys, they're buying the cheaper versions as they're good enough.

The reason why Spider-Man, Wolverine, etc. sell out and leave the peg warmers is that you have many collectors that don't care about those secondary/tertiary characters. I buy Spider-Man and related symbiote characters exclusively. I don't care for the villains. I don't care for the allies. And I'd wager there are more casual collectors of ML that do so, especially given the price, than those that are completionists.
I'd imagine there would be more people willing to buy these secondary characters if the prices weren't so damn high. Like in the states collectors there generally wait until they are dirt cheap before picking them up where as here it will rot before that happens loll
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 02:02 PM   #34
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'd imagine there would be more people willing to buy these secondary characters if the prices weren't so damn high.
Old 10-14-2022, 08:02 PM   #35
jetsetjo
Red Shirt

Returned a figure to TRU this afternoon without any problems. However, the employee said they have to check the figures one by one before accepting any returns since figure swapping is a big problem. I don't know why TRU doesn't just ask all employees to do this instead of making all "collectors' items" final sale.
jetsetjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 12:19 AM   #36
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetjo View Post
Returned a figure to TRU this afternoon without any problems. However, the employee said they have to check the figures one by one before accepting any returns since figure swapping is a big problem. I don't know why TRU doesn't just ask all employees to do this instead of making all "collectors' items" final sale.
I returned four Black Series figures today with no problem whatsoever. Not even a mention of the new policy.

Meanwhile, there were two opened TVC cards with missing figures on the shelves. Employee said it happens all the time. Occurs to me now that TVC packaging is incredibly easy to open, and it's not surprising at all.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 12:44 AM   #37
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
I returned four Black Series figures today with no problem whatsoever. Not even a mention of the new policy.

Meanwhile, there were two opened TVC cards with missing figures on the shelves. Employee said it happens all the time. Occurs to me now that TVC packaging is incredibly easy to open, and it's not surprising at all.
Now I really wonder what's the point of the cameras that they supposedly spent hundreds of millions on starting in 2018.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 02:28 AM   #38
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Now I really wonder what's the point of the cameras that they supposedly spent hundreds of millions on starting in 2018.
Cameras are useless if no one is looking at them live.
Old 10-15-2022, 09:58 AM   #39
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Cameras are useless if no one is looking at them live.
That makes me wonder, although off topic. How many stores in general actually have someone looking at the camera feeds live? I can't imagine too many and if I had to guess the cameras are more a deterrent than anything else. Otherwise people wouldn't be able to steal stuff right out of the box in store at places like Walmart, Target and such.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-15-2022 at 10:00 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 10:31 AM   #40
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper

I worked at Walmart once and they said one of the most common ways people steal stuff is to just load up a cart and walk out with it. No one assumes the person with the fully loaded cart would be ballsy enough to steal all of it and that's how they get away with it.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote