ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 06-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #21
Oreobuilder
Red Shirt
Re: Toys"R"Us G.I.Joe, Batman, Spiderman, and Lego Sale June 1st -7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Sadly it is not that simple. Banks charge for the number of times you use your Debit Card, and some of us prefer to keep that 'Service Charge' under a certain amount every month.

It's even worse with the ATM charges and stuff added on to that, so no, do not go out and buy them at full price if you can't justify affording the costs of bank's service charges.

I'll just try my luck, if worse comes to worse I only get two figures instead of the four I was hoping for.
Yeah you're right, those ATM and bank charges are disgusting. I didn't think of the debit card charges. I hardly ever use mine. I use a credit card for everything and pay off the bill every month.

On topic, I'll be bringing in my receipts from last week to get the price match. I might event get a couple more GI Joe 3-packs.

OB

Last edited by Oreobuilder; 06-01-2012 at 09:07 AM.
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 04:26 PM   #22
UltraPrimal
Super Friend

Went TRU today and picked up a GI Joe Retaliation Roadblock, aka the Rock, and Amazing Spider-Man "Ultra-Posable" Spidey.

The Rock is pretty good. Decently articulated. But his gimmick kills the entire toy. I didn't realize this but his little gun that just looks like a piece they cut off the mold tree and stuck it in his hand is actually MOLDED into his hand. So you cannot remove it and he doesn't even come with an extra hand to swap out. Pretty lame. Completely ruined the figure for me. Now I'll probably have to try and hunt down different figure just to swap the hands, if I can.

The ultra-posable Spidey is just that. He's so awesomely articulated it's...AMAZING! This is the first Spider-Man figure I've owned that can actually pull off some Spider-Man poses. It's just a shame none of the other figures in the line are as posable as this one. I'd love to pick up that Ben Reilly looking one if it had the same articulation as this one. Only bad thing I could say about it is that a lot of the ones I've seen in store have pretty spotty paint. I managed to find one that was OK.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:31 AM   #23
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
WTF? Isn't it, I don't know, unethical or something for a store to start the sale one day early, thus allowing certain parties who happen to be there that day able to take advantage of things, and thus making it difficult for the rest of us to get what we want?

I'm not saying anything against you 10incher, just asking a legitimate question. In a few hours time I was planning on heading out to take advantage of this sale, but if the scalpers and everyone else has already picked the aisles clean because the sale started on Thursday instead of Friday like it was SUPPOSED TO then I'm going to be mighty cheesed off.
Scrapper6, I saw this happen periodically at my TRU where the sale was started one day early than the flyer advertised, so I asked a TRU employee why they do this... he told me that the headquarters sometimes, but not always, will start a sale early in their computers just to make sure there are no kinks.

I guess if they are doing a complicated type of sale like a BOGO1/2 which lets you mix and match across different toylines, they want to have their stores test it out one day in advance before the real crowds come rushing in on Friday. I don't think they do it for the more simplistic sales like "30% off Star Wars", at least I've never noticed it for those.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, spiderman