ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-17-2024, 02:42 PM   #401
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Angry Re: New Dollarama Action Figure finds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevan View Post
Scalpers are out in force in facebook marketplace regarding dollarama origins and masterverse. Webstor wave is offered in Ontario for $40-$50 a figure. Masterverse Evil Lyn/Roboto wave $100 for the set.

Let them.

I took a quick look and basically the Webstor wave is the only ones at Dollarama right now that have any real bump on the secondary market. Even then it isn't much in most cases, plus there are other, cheaper, options for most of them online elsewhere. Webstor is going for the most, then Stinkor. The other two are basically retail, or even less in some cases.

Everything else is either below regular Canadian retail on the secondary market, or just around regular Canadian retail.

Frosta and Evil-Lyn are below their retail price (Canadian) and Roboto and Stratos range from below retail to just slightly above retail.

The deluxes are all below Canadian retail on the secondary market. DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON RAM-MAN AND CLAMP CHAMP!!!

So let them get whatever and clear the shelves. As others said it will hopefully motivate Dollarama to try and grab more action figure lines for the shelves at cheap prices (C'mon ML, SW:BS and Classified). They likely won't get too much for most of it, just the more rare stuff. And that is based on the idea that the flood of stuff already out, the late arrival of this stuff, and the slowing of the MOTU line in general (especially Origins) won't have already shrunk the market for these items.

Last edited by canprime; 01-17-2024 at 02:49 PM.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 04:34 PM   #402
usernameprime
Cobra Commander
Re: New Dollarama Action Figure finds

Barrie Dollarama on Essa has a Masterverse evil-lynn, mr.roboto, and some blue frosta chick.

also a couple worlds smallest MOTU figs, I grabbed the last worlds smallest GI Joe fig (roadblock)

They also have the entire Gundam series 1 BAF wave and a series 3 Unicorn.

Bloody inigo and inconceivable guy as well

*I seen the Gundams around for a while but never bought any until I saw the whole BAF wave in front of me. Having opened them I am a big fan, really fun lil figures that look great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240117_164724.jpg (100.1 KB, 35 views)

Last edited by usernameprime; 01-17-2024 at 06:24 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:07 PM   #403
FETT1
Agent of Shield

MATTEL / HASBRO are sitting on tons of merch...just look at OLLIE's videos and the amount each store has ... Toy companies do not make a few of each item...they make tons hoping that retailer's will pick them up and stock their shelves !!!
A lot of these item's are bought for pennies on the dollar allowing places like $1RAMA to but cheap and make a few dollars on each item.
Toy companies need to clear the toys out and excess will be available !
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2024, 10:09 PM   #404
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf Dawg View Post
Found the Webstor wave in Ottawa at the Dollarama on Montreal road. There were only the four and I bought them.
Ditto in DEADMONTON PLUS McFart DRAGON ...AWESOME DRAGON that is ..

Last edited by FETT1; 01-17-2024 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2024, 01:58 AM   #405
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

These toy companies really must have over produced figures during the pandemic. Cause I don't remember toys like this being in excess at cheap prices before 2020 at least since 10-15 years prior to it.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:17 AM   #406
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
These toy companies really must have over produced figures during the pandemic. Cause I don't remember toys like this being in excess at cheap prices before 2020 at least since 10-15 years prior to it.

There were always places in the US and, to a lesser degree, Canada where figures would show up cheap. Not to the same scale as we have seen in the last couple months, but it did happen.

That is the problem for the big guys (Hasbro, Mattel, etc.). Outside of their crowdfunding models, and exclusives, they have to try and make a certain number of toys to meet both projected demand, and any Minimum Order Quantities (MOQ) from the factories. So they end up having to hope they get it mostly right.

I don't know how easy it is for them to drop production numbers both quickly, and accurately, going forward. I imagine 2024 will still see some higher than normal overstock, even though they will be scaling back production numbers.

The bigger question for me is will we see another price increase sooner rather than later? Not counting TRU of course.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:21 AM   #407
Robimus
Super Moderator

It really is the scale of the sales, particularly the MOTU stuff, that is most impressive over the past year or so.

There are always clearances too be found if one is diligent enough. $5 Fridays at Gamestop, Walmart clearances and .02 cent screw ups, indenpendent liquidation stores.

Dollarama, with the amount of inventory we are seeing is a whole new level though.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 10:01 AM   #408
FlashWWest
Red Shirt

Stopped into my neighbourhood Dollarama yesterday. Lots of BA He-Man and Skeletors. Two of the Webstor waves. I think the scalpers had been by and picked up all of the Masterverse that had been out earlier in the week. Regardless, they had a tonne of stuff and had seemed to restock quickly. They must be sitting on a lot of Origins.
FlashWWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2024, 04:34 PM   #409
4lott
Master of the Universe

Finally found TC and FF at a Dollarama just north of Laval. Still hoping to be surprised by other assortments this week.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2024, 04:48 PM   #410
FETT1
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Finally found TC and FF at a Dollarama just north of Laval. Still hoping to be surprised by other assortments this week.
sorry you lost me here ..TC / FF ??