ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Old 01-24-2022, 03:21 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Playmates Toys Star Trek Universe Collection

Playmates Toys has just release images and information via StarTrek.com about their new Star Trek Universe Collection. The first wave in the Star Trek Universe collection will be available online in July. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan: Admiral James T. Kirk, Captain Spock, and Khan Noonien Singh as seen in Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. Available in nostalgic packaging. Star Trek: The Next Generation: Lt. Commander Data, Captain Jean-Luc Picard, and Commander William Riker. Available in nostalgic packaging. Star Trek: Discovery: Commander Saru and Science Officer Michael Burnham. Available in the new Universe packaging. Star » Continue Reading.

The post Playmates Toys Star Trek Universe Collection appeared first on The Toyark - News.

More...
Old 01-24-2022, 03:25 PM   #2
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Playmates Toys Star Trek Universe Collection

These look really cheap and underwhelming.

Considering the fanbase is mainly older collectors. They should have gone for something more in line with SW Black Series.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:54 PM   #3
wedge1021
Mutant

The original line was the only action figures I ever collected as a kid. These are very evocative of the styling of those, but with modern articulation and better sculpts. If Playmates had done these as 6" I would probably have gotten sucked in. Or even at the 4.5" scale like the originals. Instead they do a 5" scale that goes with nothing else in my collection.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 04:55 PM   #4
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

These are supposed to be the spiritual continuance of the original line

Hence the scale and retro packaging. Think MOTU:O, or the new Joe O-Ring. Basically the same toys, but with some modernization.

I'm just disappointed that it is more of the same, outside of the Discovery crew. I really don't want another TOS Enterprise, but I know that we will only see Enterprises for the first few releases. I would love it if they did a Cardassian Galor class warship like was originally planned before the line tanked.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote