ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-03-2018, 11:19 AM   #561
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

So in the last few days we have seen the lizard wave, sasquatch wave, MCU Thanos wave, the two riders and the Ex Thanos (out west anyways) drop. I love figures as much as the next person but it's a little excessive. It's kind of hard to budget the collecting when Hasbro has dumped 4 BAF waves, a few deluxe sets and a couple store exclusives since the beginning of 2018. Are we going to have a huge drought between the next releases or are they planning on a 16 wave year? :/
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:49 AM   #562
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
So in the last few days we have seen the lizard wave, sasquatch wave, MCU Thanos wave, the two riders and the Ex Thanos (out west anyways) drop. I love figures as much as the next person but it's a little excessive. It's kind of hard to budget the collecting when Hasbro has dumped 4 BAF waves, a few deluxe sets and a couple store exclusives since the beginning of 2018. Are we going to have a huge drought between the next releases or are they planning on a 16 wave year? :/
It is a little excessive that for the first two months we only had Black Panther merchandise and then suddenly we have three BAF waves, two vehicles, box sets and an Exclusive to find, before they laucnch another BAF wave in May and August. Plus we still have another Deadpool, Spider-man, X-men, MCU 10th, Infinity War and Venom waves to go. I think so far this year they have announced 10 BAF waves total.
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:56 AM   #563
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

If anyone else wants to take advantage of that$20 off deal you might want to do it soon. I was just experimenting with other items like Black Panther and I tried the Homecoming 2 pack and a couple of Spidey figures it doesn't work on those.
i think that the Avengers are so new that they haven't programed in the system yet.
i hope my order doesn't get canceled
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 11:57 AM   #564
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Excessive? I'm a 4" MarvelU collector... not a lot of sympathy from this camp when all that's here are the sound of tumbleweeds rolling on the ground thanks to that dickhead Dwight Stall... MU collectors wish they had this problem.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:03 PM   #565
thunderboy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Excessive? I'm a 4" MarvelU collector... not a lot of sympathy from this camp when all that's here are the sound of tumbleweeds rolling on the ground thanks to that dickhead Dwight Stall... MU collectors wish they had this problem.
I hear you brother....I never caught a glimpse of the last two waves of 4" legends...marvel universe is what started me down the path of a plastic addict....sigh
thunderboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 12:31 PM   #566
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
I get your point and sympathise that the line you collect has pretty much been declared over...just saying the 6" collectors are paying about 34 bucks a figure, so about $250 for a wave and we have been given 4 waves and then some since January...you saying you would be ok with spending a grand on toys in 60 days?
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2018, 01:13 PM   #567
Stryfe2026
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
I get your point and sympathise that the line you collect has pretty much been declared over...just saying the 6" collectors are paying about 34 bucks a figure, so about $250 for a wave and we have been given 4 waves and then some since January...you saying you would be ok with spending a grand on toys in 60 days?
Hey, I started collecting the Marvel Universe stuff and have kept up with it since the beginning. It definitely sucks it's being written off like it has.
That being said thats super expensive to collect the 6".
Stryfe2026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 02:41 PM   #568
TehCollector
Red Shirt

Does anyone have the sku and/or upc code for the vision/wanda 2-pack?

Thanks much!
TehCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 03:58 PM   #569
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
you saying you would be ok with spending a grand on toys in 60 days?
Well first off, not everything that Hasbro releases for any of their lines is going to appeal to me so I would only collect a segment of that stuff instead of getting every single complete item that's coming out.

You have to pick and choose if your budget can't sustain this kind of single giant release... some items will be pegwarmers and go on clearance, so identify what's hot and what's not from the wave and certainly buy the ones that you must get for your collection. Leave the rest for sales and clearances. You know it'll happen if you're a longtime ML collector that some stuff will just pegwarm and rot away. People are nuts if they just pay full price on every single figure without being a little discerning.

Second, I'm seriously considering the HasLabs Jabba Sail barge which is about $750CAN once taxes are included, and I've already spent about $200 on Transformers (Leaders, deluxes, legends) the last 40 days. So yeah, I'm okay with spending a grand in 60 days. I may end up doing exactly that. It's the price we pay for collecting this stuff is that things come out at inconvenient times sometimes. I try to reduce my spending afterwards though so that it averages out to what my regular toy budget per month would be anyway. That's best one can hope for if you do want to collect em all...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #570
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Can't believe the coupons worked online. All 6 BAF Thanos figures shipped to the door for $120 plus tax.

I saw 6 Vision/Wanda packs at TRU and the Wanda faces were bad on 4/6.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote