ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-07-2021, 01:17 AM   #211
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
is that people cancelling, or hasbro auto-cancelling because it didn't fund?

either way seems pointless.
Yeah, I'm thinking that must be it. It's dropped 3000 in the past couple minutes, that seems too fast to just be people cancelling.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 01:39 AM   #212
cobralegion
Decepticon

Rancor is now gone from Hasbro Pulse so it must have been them cancelling everyone's order. Skystriker on the other hand is sitting at 7751 with 23 hours left.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:07 AM   #213
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Just saw on Hasbro Pulse that the Rancor IS NOT Funded as it did not meed its 9000 backers...c'est la vie.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:23 AM   #214
Napseeker
Dark Knight

This will be a day long remembered... it has seen the end of the Rancor Haslab, and will soon see the end of the Skystriker Haslab.

...or maybe not. ::shrugs::
Napseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:36 AM   #215
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Hubris, thy name is Haslab.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 05:32 AM   #216
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 7,837 / 10,000 (+642)
Proton Pack: 13,481 / 7,000 (+335)

Rancor: 8535 was the highest total at the end (+2,857)

So the Rancor failed. It was close, but just not enough interest to get it across the line. Definitely not a good look for Hasbro that one of their big brands couldn't make it work. Also to be only the second Haslab to fail.

I guess only time will tell if there is any lesson learned here from Hasbro. I am going to guess that we won't see another BS Haslab soon. I think their next try will be TVC again since the first 2 did fund.

The Skystriker I was pretty confident would back. Now I am not as sure. It is closer than the Rancor, and has always been adding backers since day one. Now with the Rancor done I can see some of those backers moving over to the Skystriker. I guess either way we will know in less than 20 hours.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:24 PM   #217
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

It was only 500 backers short. I'm sure Hasbro could have taken the hit and funded it anyway as a way to thank the fans who didn't pull their funding and to apologize for how they handled this whole clown show of a campaign. But nah, they pull it instead and go silent. I guess "fans first" was a lie. What a surprise. I'm glad this failed but I hope those who wanted it get it at some point eventually.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 12:34 PM   #218
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
So the Rancor failed. It was close, but just not enough interest to get it across the line. Definitely not a good look for Hasbro that one of their big brands couldn't make it work. Also to be only the second Haslab to fail.
I know what you're saying, but I wouldn't phrase it as "just not enough interest." That's really letting Hasbro off the hook. The reason this failed was because of an overpriced product, with a terrible campaign.

This could have easily been a slam dunk, but they got super fucking greedy. Just like their new "deluxe" figures where the only thing deluxe about them is the size of the box.

It's 100% on them that this failed, but the only lesson they're likely to learn is "no one likes Star Wars anymore."
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:20 PM   #219
cobralegion
Decepticon

The Skystriker is at 9624 now so looks like this has a good chance of making it! I imagine a lot of the rancor people coming over helped plus the Cobras. Happy for the those who wanted this.

Hopefully next time we get some new items.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 02:24 PM   #220
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
The Skystriker is at 9624 now so looks like this has a good chance of making it! I imagine a lot of the rancor people coming over helped plus the Cobras. Happy for the those who wanted this.

Hopefully next time we get some new items.
Damn that sets a bad precedent, I think it is way too expensive for a mildly upgrdaded Skystriker that should have been just a retail release. That is my opinion only.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote