ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 09-02-2023, 10:40 AM   #741
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Just a heads up for Ottawa area people.

I hit up the new Barrhaven TRU today (Strandherd & Jockvale) in the old Bed, Bath & Beyond store. Fairly well stocked for other things (not MOTU). For MOTU there was a bunch of Masterverse Two-Bad and, surprisingly 4 each of Origins Battle Armour He-Man and Skeletor. They were $35+tax each, but if someone is still looking for them it could be an option.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2023, 03:45 PM   #742
Galvatryne
Red Shirt

Just received my 5th or 6th e-mail from amazon to tell me that they can't get their hands on man-e-faces (mini comic) and make every effort to get the delayed item to me as soon as possible. But my order from Tftoys.ca recently shipped .

How come a small action figures sellers could get his hands on it but not amazon??

And ins't it supposed to be an amazon exclusive?
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 02:33 PM   #743
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

So looks like Mattel had a quick turnaround on Fangor, as I got notice he already shipped!

so look out for that one.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 03:09 PM   #744
Powered Convoy
Super Friend

Has anyone noticed the quality improving with MOTU Origins? I got Minicomic Roboto and Tung Lashor yesterday, and I usually test the joints when I get new figures. These felt really solid and unlikely to break.
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 08:50 PM   #745
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
So looks like Mattel had a quick turnaround on Fangor, as I got notice he already shipped!

so look out for that one.

I got my Fangors last week, and some people have had him for more than a month. So not quite a quick turn around.

I did get notice that my Lady Slither is on the move so they were bang on with the date listed during her sale period (ship on, or before Sept. 20, 2023).
Old 10-04-2023, 12:02 AM   #746
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Man, this line feels completely dead in Canada. None of the 4 major retailers selling toys (TRU, Gamestop, Walmart and Amazon) are keeping up with this line. It's really too bad.

Last edited by MapleMegatron; 10-05-2023 at 02:13 PM.
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:48 AM   #747
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MapleMegatron View Post
Man, this line feels completely dead in Canada. None of the 5 major retailers selling toys (TRU, Gamestop, Walmart and Amazon) are keeping up with this line. It's really too bad.
I'd think with the Cartoon rebrand it'll be a fresh start for the line, I'd expect retailers start ordering figures again, hopefully for both Origins and Masterverse. These all feel unfortunately hard to find at this time.

With the announcements of some retailer exclusives today, I'd like to hope they'll show up at our stores, plus that 'fan favourite' wave at our online retailers.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 12:52 AM   #748
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

The line looks dead in the USA too. Went to 6 Targets and 5 Walmarts last week in Orlando and Tampa and it was a barren wasteland. Ditto when I go to stops around Niagara Falls and Buffalo...not a total indication but there was nothing except really old Origins figures.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 05:25 AM   #749
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

At least in the states they got Moss Man and Duplico. And they've had deluxe figures available which were nowhere to be seen here. Not to mention Americans can easily order Snake Mountain, Point Dread and a number of newer figures on Amazon.com right now and we got jack shit here, at least at normal prices. It's beyond frustrating.

We can only hope with the somewhat rebooting of the line to the cartoon accurate figures and re-releasing of certain figures that they will be easier to find in Canada. I'm not holding my breath though. Mattel product distribution in Canada is god awful in general.

Last edited by Nyax78; 10-04-2023 at 05:28 AM.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 06:05 AM   #750
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

SCOTT "TOY GURU" NIETLICH WAS RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (It's a joke, I don't care for him)

I mean it was bound to happen right. We got what? 3 solid years of Origins at retail, and way more figures than I thought we would. Eventually every line dies, especially without strong support. And while Origins hit strong to begin with, eventually weird distribution and fewer recognizable characters meant we were bound to have a slow down. Revelations was good, and so was the CGI kids show, but neither really spoke to Origins as a toy line. Plus they may have also cannibalized Origins to some degree. Then the price increases took the line from a "WOW great price" line to "ok, maybe at that price"

Also let's not forget the over production. There are still a lot of places to get Battle Cat/Panthor and as others have said, in the US some figures are still clogging shelves.

The Filmation rebrand should give it a bit of a shot in the arm. For how long? Who knows. Either way I still consider the line a smashing success just based on the sheer amount of product they were able to put out at retail over the past couple of years. They did a great job of getting us most of the original characters, and a lot of vehicles/playsets.

Plus, positively or negatively we are still getting pieces to nearly complete the line through MC.