ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 11-07-2023, 09:38 PM   #791
4lott
Master of the Universe
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Very possible. Wasn’t it $40 or $50 USD? Maybe considered too pricey for the Canadian market
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 05:50 AM   #792
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

It is an overpriced figure for sure. It's $39.99US. More than the Creations exclusive figures. Guess that's the cost for being deluxe, Flocked and having a pine smell. Somewhat of a core character though you'd like in your collection.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 06:08 AM   #793
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

There is a chance Moss Man could show up elsewhere in the coming months. We have seen many exclusives (Walmart, Pulse, etc) end up at online retailers, or other retailers after the fact.

So maybe Moss Man will end up the same. Also they probably will have a Filmation version in the line at retail, but probably not flocked or exclusive.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2023, 11:34 AM   #794
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Maybe Mattel offered it up here and there were no takers ?

Lots of reasons why it didn't come im sure.

Generally this is the reason that something wouldn't be available in this market, Walmart gets first dibs on a exculsive that is their's, but they can pass, naturally if a retailer passes in a market the Exclusive can change hands, so here's to hoping, unless there is something more, hey honestly I wouldn't blame "johnny Walmart Manager" and the Higher ups for passing on a figure that likely costs more per unit, and won't sell very well, MOTU hasn't been such a cash printing vessel for most big box stores here in Canada, everything is getting clearance...or we barely see it.

so with those factors why would anybody who is the decision maker think getting a 50$ action figure of some green sasquatch would be worth their time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
There is a chance Moss Man could show up elsewhere in the coming months. We have seen many exclusives (Walmart, Pulse, etc) end up at online retailers, or other retailers after the fact.

So maybe Moss Man will end up the same. Also they probably will have a Filmation version in the line at retail, but probably not flocked or exclusive.
I Hope this, this is where I'm keeping some patience, we have seen so often in the last few years, these exculsive US items make it to Canada, just sometime later and being offered by an alternate retailer.

if I guess Moss Man remains elusive, I'm still holding hope yet again another offering is available, he doesn't need to be flocked, I just need him, and I'd strongly prefer the classic look.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 06:01 PM   #795
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

I did a check over on Mattel Creations to see if they were doing any Black Friday sales.

Turns out they are. They are currently running a true BOGO sale. Buy one item, get the second FREE!!! Don't see that too often anymore.

They don't have a lot of MOTU stuff included, but what they do have is pretty interesting.

Origins: Hypno and the the exclusive He-Man 4-pack.

Masterverse: Vykron, Dark-Lyn and Motherboard.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:12 PM   #796
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Surprised to see something new from MOTU origins at Toysrus. Skeleton and Skreeech
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20231205_100926.jpg (101.0 KB, 21 views)
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 09:35 PM   #797
4lott
Master of the Universe

Full price?
Old 12-05-2023, 10:24 PM   #798
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Full price?
Yes, but it makes sense, it's just been released
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 10:48 PM   #799
4lott
Master of the Universe

Keep hoping to find MOTU Origins or masterverse at winners or Marshall’s before the end of Q4. Nothing to stop these from showing after but I’d like to get them for X-Mas
Old 12-06-2023, 12:17 AM   #800
Stevan
Cylon Centurion

Did you ever bought from their online store? How long does it usually take them to ship the stuff?
I bought some MOTU stuff during their BOGO sale.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
I did a check over on Mattel Creations to see if they were doing any Black Friday sales.

Turns out they are. They are currently running a true BOGO sale. Buy one item, get the second FREE!!! Don't see that too often anymore.

They don't have a lot of MOTU stuff included, but what they do have is pretty interesting.

Origins: Hypno and the the exclusive He-Man 4-pack.

Masterverse: Vykron, Dark-Lyn and Motherboard.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote