ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-01-2015, 09:17 PM   #381
thepepperskull
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcuemjj23 View Post
Picked up a couple Stormtroopers (orange stripe) at TRU for $9.98.
Also got Bandai C3PO. Now time to put him together. Will fit in nice with the 6 inch Black Series
WHAT?! TRU has $10 older wave figs?
thepepperskull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 10:20 PM   #382
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepepperskull View Post
Are they 6"? AFAIK TRU only offered 25% off on the 6" SW BS scale, or I could be wrong.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 12:25 AM   #383
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepepperskull View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
Are they 6"? AFAIK TRU only offered 25% off on the 6" SW BS scale, or I could be wrong.
Yup. It's true. I bought a 6" Han and Obi Wan for $10 on Black Friday so I'm sure the others in the black boxes were the same. The 25% off was for the the 6" red package figures.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:06 AM   #384
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Yup. It's true. I bought a 6" Han and Obi Wan for $10 on Black Friday so I'm sure the others in the black boxes were the same. The 25% off was for the the 6" red package figures.
OK thanks for the clarification.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 08:45 AM   #385
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
This was brought up with Hasbro and they said that smaller figures like Yoda and R2 are offset by larger figures like Chewie and Phasma... so if you collect them all, it balances out... just like the Force :P
I try to collect them all, but its not always the easiest especially when Canadian big box stores seemed to have missed a wave or two in the past.

They have also released 2 Chewies in the past year, so I guess the Force is lazy with Hasbro.

on another note: Anyone having any luck with the 2nd Ep.VII wave 6" figures in the GTA? I have only come across Zuvio in my hunts. I for one am refusing to pay $40-$60 for a Phasma.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:02 AM   #386
Ras
Red Shirt

I am in the same boat here. My original intention since wave 1 was to collect them all. Then Canada started to be skipped on certain waves, so I began pre-ordering from the states. Then the US dollar went up and I had to reconsider my plan. Given the costs and poor distribution to Canada, I am no longer collecting them all and am only grabbing the main characters from regular Canadian retail or Amazon Canada etc. Ideally I pre-order from a Canadain reatil outlet but even this doesn't always work out (Phasma). Plus when I had my collect em all plan, we didn't know that a whole new phase of Star Wars was coming so the potential money spent at that time was way less then what it will cost now to get em all simply due to there now being much more to collect. I am good with this

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
I try to collect them all, but its not always the easiest especially when Canadian big box stores seemed to have missed a wave or two in the past.

They have also released 2 Chewies in the past year, so I guess the Force is lazy with Hasbro.

on another note: Anyone having any luck with the 2nd Ep.VII wave 6" figures in the GTA? I have only come across Zuvio in my hunts. I for one am refusing to pay $40-$60 for a Phasma.
Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 11:21 AM   #387
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

I hear ya. My collect them all frame of mind sort of disappeared for some of the same reasons. I was trying to buy 2 of each figure (one to open and one to keep MIB) but then we started missing waves and they would only show up in comic shops for $10-$25 more than we would have paid at TRU/Walmart, not to mention they are the US packaging and not the tri-lingual I was collecting. Then there is the whole store exclusive figures, none of which are represented here in Canada. Its becoming an increasingly frustrating hobby. The recent $10 black friday sale at walmart helped fill a big gap in my collection but I am still on the hunt for:
Vader x1
Jedi Luke x2
Chewie x1 (first release)
Sandtrooper x1 (black pauldron)
Yoda x2
Bossk x2
Anakin x2
Clone trooper x2
...plus the Han/Tonton and Luke/Wampa 2 packs

I'm in need of much more than I thought initially.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 12-02-2015 at 11:23 AM.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:24 AM   #388
Ras
Red Shirt

Ya, not getting the last round of delux figures was a burn. My mentality now is simply oh well, saved some cash there when I'm unable to find stuff.

Last edited by Ras; 12-03-2015 at 12:27 AM.
Ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 11:20 AM   #389
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

It's unfortunate. The deluxe Taun Taun and Wampa figures are so iconic. Amazon USA are literally giving these away. I got mine from HLJ for 4000¥ each. Worth every penny spent IMO. I'm hoping they continue with the deluxes. I need an Episode IV Land Speeder so bad.

I learned fast that if you want to collect Black Series, you have to come to terms that mass retail as your only source is not gonna cut it.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 12:01 PM   #390
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
It's unfortunate. The deluxe Taun Taun and Wampa figures are so iconic. Amazon USA are literally giving these away. I got mine from HLJ for 4000¥ each. Worth every penny spent IMO. I'm hoping they continue with the deluxes. I need an Episode IV Land Speeder so bad.

I learned fast that if you want to collect Black Series, you have to come to terms that mass retail as your only source is not gonna cut it.
Also stock up on super deals for trade bait later down the road if you can. I was able to snag 6 Scout Trooper w/Speeder bike for under $20 each after tax when Target shut down here. I have traded a couple for some of the figures I was missing.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote