ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 07-18-2016, 10:48 AM   #21
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: New Ghostbusters 6 Inch Figures Released in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
After seeing the movie, I want the female figures too. Such a good movie.
That movie won't be getting any of my money.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GBMEME.jpg
Views:	278
Size:	88.4 KB
ID:	9128  
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:13 AM   #22
riderman
Master of the Universe

This SDCC 2016 Toys R Us Exclusive is pretty impressive don't you guys agree? I wonder if they will find themselves over here in Toys R Us Canada?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-07-18-11-09-38.jpg
Views:	315
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	9129  
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 11:21 AM   #23
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
That movie won't be getting any of my money.
Then you will be missing one of the best franchise reboots ever

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2016, 01:16 PM   #24
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Then you will be missing one of the best franchise reboots ever
VERY bold statement. I will watch it at some point, but when it won't cost me anything to do so.

as for that DST SDCC Ray figure, I highly doubt it will show up at TRU. I have yet to see any of the DST Ghostbuster figures at retail outside of specialty and comic book shops...not to mention its not very "exclusive" to release a con variant at big box retail. You may see them show up at places like BBTS though.
Old 07-18-2016, 03:13 PM   #25
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
VERY bold statement. I will watch it at some point, but when it won't cost me anything to do so.
Yup I said it. I'm old school through and through so the original movies are movie masterpieces to me. You dont phuck with movie history. I went in with zero expecations and a certainty I will be let down and leaving with nerd rage. I dont say stuff about GB or SW or TF if i dont believe it but this movie was worth my entry fee and satisfied my GB itch.

What I'm glad they didn't do is try and continue the story. It's a true reboot. And that's why it works. They better make another

Old 07-19-2016, 09:40 AM   #26
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Yup I said it. I'm old school through and through so the original movies are movie masterpieces to me. You dont phuck with movie history. I went in with zero expecations and a certainty I will be let down and leaving with nerd rage. I dont say stuff about GB or SW or TF if i dont believe it but this movie was worth my entry fee and satisfied my GB itch.

What I'm glad they didn't do is try and continue the story. It's a true reboot. And that's why it works. They better make another

One of my buddies who is a big GB fanboy enjoyed it, but did say it could have been better. I will reserve my final opinion for when I actually see the movie, but as it stands right now; I think it just looks bad. I don't care that the main cast are all female (I like Kristen Wiig), but from the trailer alone the jokes seem forced and the ghosts look like they came straight out of a terrible video game.

My big three groing up was Ghostbusters, Star Wars and TMNT. I have only shelled out money in the last year to see the newest Star Wars movie...the other two are on my "to watch" list, but not at the expense of my bank account.
Old 07-26-2016, 02:41 PM   #27
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Holy cow, look at this option for 1/12 scale! Apparently releasing this year. I think I might return my Mattel set.

Does anyone have any more info on this Blitzway product? Also, their 1/6 scale is unbelievably detailed.

Old 08-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #28
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Holy cow, look at this option for 1/12 scale! Apparently releasing this year. I think I might return my Mattel set.

Does anyone have any more info on this Blitzway product? Also, their 1/6 scale is unbelievably detailed.
I'm game on the 1/6 scale and will probably be lured into getting at least one of them, but not sold on the 6" stuff. Head sculpts are off (the Ernie Hudson in particular)
Old 08-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #29
there_is_a_martens
Clonetrooper

Quote:

I second this statement. And I've been a huge fan of Ghostbusters since before I can remember (born in '81, obsessed with the movie at a far younger age than I should have been allowed).
there_is_a_martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2016, 09:36 AM   #30
Evan
Jedi Knight

I didn't realize there was such a pricing discrepancy between Walmarts lately (particularly on 6 inch Marvel and Star Wars). Even these 80's Ghostbusters were $15.00 in Peterborough. I figured that was the price everywhere. But they seem to be $29.92 everywhere else. I've only spotted the female Ghostbusters at Hanover Ontario Walmart, and they (as well as the 80's GBs) are $29.92 there.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote