ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-07-2015, 11:31 AM   #411
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm not shelling out that kind of cash for $25 retail action figures. I can't think of a single figure in my Black Series collection that I havn't come accross at retail or through a fair trade.
Depends how much of a completist you are. Wave 4 (Anakin) and Wave 6 (Yoda) never saw mass retail in Canada, as far as I know. Same with the Wampa and Taun Taun deluxes. I had to get those goodies at local toy shows for not so cheap.

$50 for Phasma is stupid crazy indeed. But I'd she'll out $40 easy for her cause it's so damn hard to find and a damn nice looking Trooper. Did you check the "As Seen on TV Store" aka Showcase? They carrie Star Wars stuff. That's where I got mine.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #412
Chovner
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Depends how much of a completist you are. Wave 4 (Anakin) and Wave 6 (Yoda) never saw mass retail in Canada, as far as I know. Same with the Wampa and Taun Taun deluxes. I had to get those goodies at local toy shows for not so cheap.

$50 for Phasma is stupid crazy indeed. But I'd she'll out $40 easy for her cause it's so damn hard to find and a damn nice looking Trooper. Did you check the "As Seen on TV Store" aka Showcase? They carrie Star Wars stuff. That's where I got mine.
As Seen On TV??? WHAT?!?! Never thought of checking there... TO THE MALL!
Chovner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 11:35 AM   #413
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
How do you use this coupon code in store? Planning on getting that Thinktoys Remote Control R2-D2 soon....
On Force Friday they handed out discount cards. They need to scan a bar code in store. Some need a physical card so this might not work. YMMV.

Edit: sorry it's upside down. Not rotating on my cell for some reason.

Old 12-07-2015, 11:48 AM   #414
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:

I'd also pay $40 for a Phasma, considering the ammount of time and money I would save on the hunt...but $56.50 after taxes is too rich for my blood.

Totally aware of the Yoda and Anakin distrobution issues, but these guys are marking up like crazy...even on figures like Greedo who warmed pegs since release.

I checked the As seen on TV store at STC and nothing, but will check some others when I get the chance. I'm trying to avoid malls like the plague right now though.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 12:24 PM   #415
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Believe me, I have wasted so much time and gas trying to get a Phasma and the others. It's either that or pay $40 at the next show anyways. I'd rather the thrill of the hunt. But I have my Phasma now and even have an extra thanks to my wife. I could let go of it if my arm was twisted lol. I would not let it go for less than $40 though. Cause it actually did cost $29.99 plus tax at As Seen on TV.

Old 12-07-2015, 12:39 PM   #416
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Believe me, I have wasted so much time and gas trying to get a Phasma and the others. It's either that or pay $40 at the next show anyways. I'd rather the thrill of the hunt. But I have my Phasma now and even have an extra thanks to my wife. I could let go of it if my arm was twisted lol. I would not let it go for less than $40 though. Cause it actually did cost $29.99 plus tax at As Seen on TV.

IF you decide to sell, let me know.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:32 PM   #417
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Probably not.

I know there are some guys in my area with a store and a flea market booth that have pretty much every 6" black figure in stock...So I wouldnt doubt it if they did the rounds and snatched them all up for re-sale. If my memory serves me right, they were selling that wave from around $45-$60 per figure...which is CRAZY.

Not sure about everyone else, but I'm not shelling out that kind of cash for $25 retail action figures. I can't think of a single figure in my Black Series collection that I havn't come accross at retail or through a fair trade.
Same here, Ive given up the search @ Winners about a month, been to like 4 Winners stores including Marshalls....Nada as in nothing in the Mississauga area AFAIK.....lucky to those who got them.

Last edited by SanMiguel; 12-07-2015 at 04:34 PM.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 04:39 AM   #418
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Probably not.

I know there are some guys in my area with a store and a flea market booth that have pretty much every 6" black figure in stock...So I wouldnt doubt it if they did the rounds and snatched them all up for re-sale. If my memory serves me right, they were selling that wave from around $45-$60 per figure...which is CRAZY.

Winners is really tricky.

No doubt scalping in part clears them out, but I do know a lot of collectors who find stuff there as well. They just don't get a consistent supply of items, sometimes less than a case(like 1 case split between two stores)

I usually find stuff there maybe 4 times a year, and only stop when it is convenient for me. I never make a special trip just to hit a Winners.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:14 AM   #419
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

The best Star Wars deal so far I got was from Walmart.ca black friday. Thou i doubt it but heres hoping they do it again for Boxing day!!! BTW anyone know if it was an old stock of SW BS they offered on sale? Anyway dont mind if it was an old stock, for $10 what can simply go wrong.
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2015, 08:44 AM   #420
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Winners is really tricky.

No doubt scalping in part clears them out, but I do know a lot of collectors who find stuff there as well. They just don't get a consistent supply of items, sometimes less than a case(like 1 case split between two stores)

I usually find stuff there maybe 4 times a year, and only stop when it is convenient for me. I never make a special trip just to hit a Winners.

They are essentially a liquidation type store where suppliers send extra stock to at a "bargain". I have had luck with them before...randomly found a stormtrooper there when it seemed like the only stores getting them was Target.