ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-18-2012, 12:19 PM   #1
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
HTS SDCC Exclusives

Hasbro's SDCC exclusives just came up (and most of them already down) on HTS. Just curious if anybody here bothered ordering anything. I could have, but the price for shipping and apparently taxes to Canada was just too much, almost totalling more than the price of what I wanted to buy in the first place. Kinda sad that I let it go when it was already in the checkout, but I guess it's fine. So ya, anyone on AFN order something they wanted?
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:00 PM   #2
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: HTS SDCC Exclusives

Man, I was refreshing every 25min hoping for a lucky break. It came and went without me even glimpsing it on their webpage!

Shall we all begin cursing out Hasbro yet again for making a much-wanted item so hard to get?
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Maybe we should. It's too bad that they don't have something like an HTS Canada so that we could at least have fair shipping prices. It's just ridiculous as it is now. That being said, not long ago they didn't even ship internationally, so hopefully soon they'll figure something out for non US residents (though I don't think they really care whether we have to pay more or not).
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

Haha. I forgot about this completely. At any rate, my financial situation has changed dramatically, so I wouldn't have been able to buy anything anyway. I'll probably just hunt eBay later this year for what I want.
Old 07-19-2012, 12:56 AM   #5
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Yeah but then won't buying it off ebay merely be... 1020x more expensive? I shudder to even go look on ebay right now for what red Jinx is going for.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:12 AM   #6
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

I am NOT happy I was not able to get any of the exclusives. Just awful timing for me.
Old 07-19-2012, 02:49 AM   #7
Rogue_Optimus
Decepticon

i CAMPed for 3 days until 11 today. When nothing happened, I thought they'd do it Thurs so I went to do some errands and next thing I know, I get back and see everything %#@#ing thing has been sold out except for zombie cliff
Rogue_Optimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:41 AM   #8
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Frustration thy name is HTS, I didn't even bother trying, I really wanted those Joe items and maybe one or two others. I didn't even know they'd reproduced a Jem doll for an SDCC exclusive, I could have used that too.

But I have long known that HTS has ludicrous shipping prices for just over the boarder into Canada. It is the absolute WORST thing ever.

I just paid a fellow TFW2005er for two single card Joes and all it cost me on Shipping Air Mail was 8$

Now I just need to wait for them to get here, which shouldn't be too long since Air Mail usually doesn't take that long.

Anyway, yeah, HTS really needs branches outside the US. They've got Hasbro Canada, Hasbro UK and Hasbro Asia, why the hell don't they have HTS Canada, HTS UK and HTS Asia?
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:19 AM   #9
Drexl
Super Friend

I just barely got my order through!
I had what I wanted in my cart, both jinxes, cliffjumper, 2x MOE, 2x X-force, then realize Only 1 per person!
Go back, delete, oh both jinxes are sold out, go back delete them out of my cart, checkout just in time to get MOE, X-Force and a cliffjumper. Feeling damn lucky to get those.
Drexl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 10:32 AM   #10
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

^congrats dude.

I'm kinda ok with missing out on the X-Force and MoE set. I have faith that somehow I'll get them later down the line without the headache of dealing with HTS