ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-06-2019, 09:56 PM   #1091
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I carved and went with Bigbadtoystore for both Jubilee. It’s another preorder, but I would assume that they wouldn’t over promise like Amazon. Probably paying a bit of a premium, but given that I almost dropped $55 on Jubilee alone, it’s not too bad.
EB Games and Toys R Us in stores in Canada will probably get more cases of the X-Men wave before BBTS ships you singles from that wave.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 10:45 PM   #1092
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Damn, got the dreaded Amazon SOL email... I'll leave it ordered for now (just on case) and in the meanwhile, just wait for EB to call with my preorder (only preordered Gambit and Beast from Amazon and EB).
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:06 AM   #1093
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Has anyone else noticed that you can get the marvel legends infinity Gauntlet for very cheap now from Amazon sellers and also from eBay? Is this a knock off?

https://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Infini...egrnds+&sr=8-1
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:16 AM   #1094
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
Has anyone else noticed that you can get the marvel legends infinity Gauntlet for very cheap now from Amazon sellers and also from eBay? Is this a knock off?

https://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Infini...egrnds+&sr=8-1
Lol, I just ordered one right before you posted this. It looks like a great display piece. I don't think it's a knockoff since the description states it's legitimate (also the reviews seem to be for this listing). I think it's good. You can always return it if it isn't what you expected.

Edit: After digging a little deeper, I think it's a ko. Don't buy it. The seller is from China and has terrible ratings. I also checked Ebay, and there's seems to be listings for ko Infinity Gauntlets for around the same price. Also the one sold by Amazon.ca as the seller is $125. I'm going to cancel my order

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 05-07-2019 at 02:30 AM.
Old 05-07-2019, 02:42 AM   #1095
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Yeah it’s fishy
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:48 AM   #1096
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
I caved and went with Bigbadtoystore for both Jubilee. It’s another preorder, but I would assume that they wouldn’t over promise like Amazon. Probably paying a bit of a premium, but given that I almost dropped $55 on Jubilee alone, it’s not too bad.
Honestly if it weren't for the shipping costs I would probably order a lot more from BBTS. They have never disappointed me. Ironically I had some singles from the Xmen wave pre ordered with them but cancelled once amazon.ca put up their listings. If you aren't in a rush I'd recommend using their pile of loot feature.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 10:05 AM   #1097
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
EB Games and Toys R Us in stores in Canada will probably get more cases of the X-Men wave before BBTS ships you singles from that wave.
You’re not wrong, I’m just sick of the hunt to be perfectly honest. I’m also not in a hurry as I’m still opening figures from years ago, so at least I k is I have them from somewhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Honestly if it weren't for the shipping costs I would probably order a lot more from BBTS. They have never disappointed me. Ironically I had some singles from the Xmen wave pre ordered with them but cancelled once amazon.ca put up their listings. If you aren't in a rush I'd recommend using their pile of loot feature.
Yeah, I like dealing with BBTS for the most part, but the shipping and import charges are a bit ridiculous. Maybe I’ll add a few DC figures to lessen the bite of shipping.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 11:00 AM   #1098
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

You can use the cheaper shipping with no tracking. Only problem is no POD if its lost in the mail which is a gamble but to their credit I have had a few orders where I messed up and chose that option and everything was ok.

Also if you keep the value below 180 US you probably won't see import fees at the door.
Old 05-07-2019, 09:06 PM   #1099
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
You can use the cheaper shipping with no tracking. Only problem is no POD if its lost in the mail which is a gamble but to their credit I have had a few orders where I messed up and chose that option and everything was ok.

Also if you keep the value below 180 US you probably won't see import fees at the door.
The last 2 orders I made with BBTS with the no tracking option took nearly a month each to get to me. They use some cheap form of air shipping by Fedex and they deliver excruciatingly slow.
Old 05-08-2019, 07:41 AM   #1100
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
The last 2 orders I made with BBTS with the no tracking option took nearly a month each to get to me. They use some cheap form of air shipping by Fedex and they deliver excruciatingly slow.
For sure a lot slower than their air mail option. The stuff I've had shipped with the cheap option took just short of 2 weeks from the time it was shipped...but that's probably because Ontario is closer to their warehouse than Alberta. I have no issues waiting so long as it arrives and they actually fulfill their pre orders which has always been the case.