ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 03-08-2012, 04:08 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
The Return of Marvel Legends 2012 Wave 1 at Canadian Retail

Marvel Legends are back! This first assortment of 6-inch scale action figures include Heroic Age Thor, Steve Rogers Captain America, Extremis Iron Man, Constrictor, Ghost Rider, Marvel's Klaw and X-Men's Hope Summers. Each figure includes bonus parts to create a build-a-figure of Terrax.

This first wave of 2012 was spotted at Ontario Toys R Us locations thanks to AFN members Tonestar and Sam.

Share what's been found in your area head on over to our Canadian Action Figure Sightings Forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	return of marvel legends.jpg
Views:	1623
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	5319  
Old 03-08-2012, 04:33 PM   #2
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion
Re: The Return of Marvel Legends 2012 Wave 1 at Canadian Retail

Will definitely be on the lookout for these guys over the weekend. It will be a good day when I finally find them.
Onslaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:57 PM   #3
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

are they $19.99? I will definately be keeping my eye out for these as well. I was supposed to be scaling back my collecting this year but my love for MLs has come back in full force!
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 05:02 PM   #4
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
are they $19.99? I will definately be keeping my eye out for these as well. I was supposed to be scaling back my collecting this year but my love for MLs has come back in full force!
Those were the prices stated by the two who made the sightings. Makes you wonder if the price will be lower at Walmart or the soon to come Target.

On a side note, apparently some TRU in the States actually upped their own price from $17.99 to $20.99, which makes it actually cheaper over here! It should also be noted that both Walmart and Target have them for around $14.99 down there as well.
Old 03-08-2012, 05:41 PM   #5
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

I think i might be able to live with $19.99 for the ones i actually want. But the ones i dont really want.... the price seems a bit steep.

What do I do... Do i become a completist again, just to build BAFs? Or do i just pick and choose the ones i really like? These new MLs are stiring up all kinds of mixed emotions haha.. MLs used to be my favorite line, then they went away i was sad but got over it and moved on to other lines.. and then they come back in full force.. its like an ex-girlfriend
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

any word if it was the variant case (phase shield rogers and orange ghostrider, stealth iron man) or the regular case?
Old 03-08-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
any word if it was the variant case (phase shield rogers and orange ghostrider, stealth iron man) or the regular case?
All reports so far have been of regular cases.

Quote:
I think i might be able to live with $19.99 for the ones i actually want. But the ones i dont really want.... the price seems a bit steep.

What do I do... Do i become a completist again, just to build BAFs? Or do i just pick and choose the ones i really like? These new MLs are stiring up all kinds of mixed emotions haha.. MLs used to be my favorite line, then they went away i was sad but got over it and moved on to other lines.. and then they come back in full force.. its like an ex-girlfriend
Ya, I'm kind of thinking the same way, but you know what, having something like a body and a couple of limbs is dumb, a BAF must be completed, AT ALL TIMES. That being said, if you're hesitant on a figure (assuming they're not the most sought after of the case) you could always just wait for a sale. TRU has Marvel 30% off sales almost every month, so getting them cheaper than usual shouldn't be too hard.
Old 03-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #8
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
All reports so far have been of regular cases.

Ya, I'm kind of thinking the same way, but you know what, having something like a body and a couple of limbs is dumb, a BAF must be completed, AT ALL TIMES. That being said, if you're hesitant on a figure (assuming they're not the most sought after of the case) you could always just wait for a sale. TRU has Marvel 30% off sales almost every month, so getting them cheaper than usual shouldn't be too hard.

that's always a gamble, since most people will buy on sight. And TRU is so slow for refilling their pegs for 6" Comic figures
Old 03-08-2012, 08:23 PM   #9
Onslaught
Cylon Centurion

Agreed. Though I meant wait for a sale more for figures like Klaw. Does anyone really think he's going to sell out? For casual buyers, other than if they wanted to complete the BaF, they're not gonna go for him, they'd go for Rogers, or Iron Man, or Thor. So it'd be fairly safe to wait for a sale for the Klaws out there. If say you didn't want Rogers but wanted the BaF so you were going to get him for that reason, it'd probably be safer to get him sans sale since he may be pretty hard to find.
Old 03-08-2012, 09:22 PM   #10
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
Agreed. Though I meant wait for a sale more for figures like Klaw. Does anyone really think he's going to sell out? For casual buyers, other than if they wanted to complete the BaF, they're not gonna go for him, they'd go for Rogers, or Iron Man, or Thor. So it'd be fairly safe to wait for a sale for the Klaws out there. If say you didn't want Rogers but wanted the BaF so you were going to get him for that reason, it'd probably be safer to get him sans sale since he may be pretty hard to find.
right, makes sense. My TRU had a bunch of Manhunters and yellow Lanterns for the GLC line for longest time, I definitely snagged some when DC stuff went on sale.

Tags
marvel legends