ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-31-2020, 12:23 AM   #1051
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
You're definitely right, but Hasbro knows that the licenses that they have (Marvel, Star Wars, Transformers, GI Joe, and Power Rangers) are worth $$$. They'll hike prices up as much as they can and they know their fanbase will still buy them. The DC stuff looks great, and even at lower price points, they usually shelf-warm.
Yeah, which is why I'm gonna be voting with my wallet this time and sitting out on the Monster of the week Villains lol. I dunno this line is just a mess. It's just so hit or miss, it's like they hooked us in with a fantastic first wave of well painted figures then just stopped trying after Wave 2. Like why couldn't we have gotten that really nice gold paint Beast Morphers Gold got on Dino Charge gold and Zeo Gold? It doesn't even make sense.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-31-2020 at 12:28 AM.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 01:11 AM   #1052
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I'd honestly just wait. You've waited this long, what is waiting a bit longer? Without a doubt they will return to Dragon Shield MMPR Red. MMPR is the cash cow. They'll probably throw it into a weak wave somewhere down the line.
Yeah that's gonna be the end game for me. I can't justify the price when MMPR Armored Red usually has gotten a solo release in the past (not to mention, the LC version while fine, could stand to be improved, particularly with the colouring of the shield). Plus, I'm not that interested in the Gold Ranger either.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 03:42 AM   #1053
Zathereth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Anyone else think the Monsters a bit too Over Priced? $44 like really? The regular figures retail at $25-$30. I get it's a new sculpt and all but still seems kind of steep when Mcfarlane is making Figures like Devastator who are a bigger scale and have much better sculpting at $25. What I don't understand is how Mcfarlane can make brand new sculpts for every figure at a bigger scale with better paint apps and QC than Hasbro and have it cost less despite own renting the license. Mean while Hasbro owns the property and they have mediocre QC, questionable paint apps, re-used molds and they are sold for more than Mcfarlane at every retailer (Except Walmart). I just don't get it.
Definitely overpriced in my opinion. For $44, it is almost going into SHFiguarts territory for me, and this line does not have the finish and detail as SHF figures.

I don't care for the pumpkin, but Sphinx on the other hand would have been cool...its just that it looks weird to me. Something about the figures face just seems wrong to me, and I don't like the price lol.

Voting with my wallet too on this one.

PS. my Walmart pre-orders are "Delayed" but not cancelled though.
Zathereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:49 AM   #1054
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zathereth View Post
Definitely overpriced in my opinion. For $44, it is almost going into SHFiguarts territory for me, and this line does not have the finish and detail as SHF figures.

I don't care for the pumpkin, but Sphinx on the other hand would have been cool...its just that it looks weird to me. Something about the figures face just seems wrong to me, and I don't like the price lol.

Voting with my wallet too on this one.

PS. my Walmart pre-orders are "Delayed" but not cancelled though.
Sphinx face looks weird cause they botched the head sculpt and failed to paint the face, which they either opted out of to cut cost or it slipped through the cracks like the Dino Thunder White did during QC. Either way whatever reason is not an acceptable excuse for a toy company that's been around forever.
Old 10-31-2020, 12:11 PM   #1055
ghostlurk29
Mutant

It looks like there's subtle shading across the entire Sphinx figure. However, the unpainted nose and mouth completely kill the look. Very similar to the DT White situation. No excuse for not having a dab of paint on the nose (the mouth area might look better in-person). Need to see it next to a basic ranger figure before I rule-out buying.

The last few deluxe MLs were selling for $44 at most places too. Even state side, some of the newer figures are getting $5 price hikes. 34.99/44.99 might be the new norm by this time next year.

Still, I'd rather pay $40-$50 for a "deluxe" figure vs BAF part collecting. And Figuarts that size are gonna cost $100+.

Last edited by ghostlurk29; 10-31-2020 at 12:15 PM.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 08:12 PM   #1056
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
It looks like there's subtle shading across the entire Sphinx figure. However, the unpainted nose and mouth completely kill the look. Very similar to the DT White situation. No excuse for not having a dab of paint on the nose (the mouth area might look better in-person). Need to see it next to a basic ranger figure before I rule-out buying.

The last few deluxe MLs were selling for $44 at most places too. Even state side, some of the newer figures are getting $5 price hikes. 34.99/44.99 might be the new norm by this time next year.

Still, I'd rather pay $40-$50 for a "deluxe" figure vs BAF part collecting. And Figuarts that size are gonna cost $100+.
If all the deluxe figures were of the same caliber as the Deluxe War Machine I'd have no problem dropping $45. The problem is most are not. I don't really see the point in paying a higher price tag if Hasbro is not gonna put any extra effort into their figures.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-31-2020 at 08:18 PM.
Old 10-31-2020, 10:11 PM   #1057
Webs
Man of Spiders

Maybe they should have just spaced the releases out and not made the monsters a new "line". Releasing one big monster figure, or one regular sized monster with a bunch of accessories, every so often would maybe allow them to budget for more paint?
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 10:14 PM   #1058
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

Looks like the latest offerings to the Lightning Collection is staying on shelves. I really only see the SPD Blue Pack and In Space Pack selling out over time.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:22 AM   #1059
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
Maybe they should have just spaced the releases out and not made the monsters a new "line". Releasing one big monster figure, or one regular sized monster with a bunch of accessories, every so often would maybe allow them to budget for more paint?
The it would still cost the same
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:33 AM   #1060
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorphGrid View Post
Looks like the latest offerings to the Lightning Collection is staying on shelves. I really only see the SPD Blue Pack and In Space Pack selling out over time.
SPD 2 pack might not sell out. I could see people being hesitant to buy into it this time around cause of the Lost Galaxy Red with Psycho Red 2 pack and them doing the Psycho 5 pack not soon after. I personally could see them doing the same here with the A Squad rangers. In my opinion there's really no reason to buy into these 2 packs cause they'll sell it to you again not too soon after as an individual or group release. The only one I might pick up is the In Space one cause I can't really get burned by that and be stuck with an extra figure like the SPD 2 pack.