ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-21-2023, 11:26 AM   #3321
Snake Eyes
Cobra Trooper
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
Why can't we get the army of grunts here in Canada for $11.99...damn those USA Target shoppers.
I wish we got the deals they do. I'm actually across from Detroit. its tempting to go over and try my luck. I do already have three Grunts. But for 12 bucks its tempting to get more. The craziest one is the $5 Crimson Guards at Ollies.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 12:14 PM   #3322
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Yeah, those are crazy. Wish we had this type of sale. I did once get a bunch of Marvel Legends at Walmart for 2 cents each though. But hardly ever see deals like the Ollies CG ones. I have 3 CGs but would get more for $5.

I only got one Grunt, but I do want a second. It's kind of silly that they gave us the Steel Brigade head to army build, but if you do that, you have an army of E-4 Graves.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 12:21 PM   #3323
Snake Eyes
Cobra Trooper

Yeah its goofy. I am totally expecting an Army builder two pack of the green shirts in future using the grunt buck without the name tag. Personally it doesn't bother me to much. I'm not going to bother to paint over it.
Snake Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:42 PM   #3324
wesperino
Mutant

I'm seeing the retro gung ho and Lady Jaye at TRU now. I guess they have these now to sell as well. $39.99 in store.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:53 PM   #3325
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I'm seeing the retro gung ho and Lady Jaye at TRU now. I guess they have these now to sell as well. $39.99 in store.

Considering almost every Toytuber video I see of a hunt has these two clogging Walmart shelves, along with Baroness, I am not surprised to see that happening.

Hell one of the local Walmarts near me has a couple of Lady Jayes and Destros still on an endcap.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 01:57 PM   #3326
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Considering almost every Toytuber video I see of a hunt has these two clogging Walmart shelves, along with Baroness, I am not surprised to see that happening.

Hell one of the local Walmarts near me has a couple of Lady Jayes and Destros still on an endcap.
I see then still there with SE origins figures.

I also see some new ones around too. Shipwreck wave.

I popped into a couple to see if I could find shrapnel.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 02:06 PM   #3327
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
I see then still there with SE origins figures.

I also see some new ones around too. Shipwreck wave.

I popped into a couple to see if I could find shrapnel.

I should have clarified US Toytubers.

Also please don't mention the SE Movie figures. It is bad enough how long those things have hung around up here......AT FULL PRICE WALMART!!!!! @#$% let alone watching those Ollies hunt videos in the US with cases and cases of them for $5.

They are going to end up in landfills sooner or later, alongside all those ML MCU Eternals figures (and all those Funko Pops that got dumped).

Man did the pandemic really cause that much disruption to the market that companies overproduced by that much?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 04:05 PM   #3328
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Gonna have to hit up Walmarts in Orlando when I'm there next week.

Good news I was able to buy Python Trouble Bubbles at Target finally. Turns out I was banned from buying on their website because they flagged me as a wholeseller.

I've made 5 orders at Target.com in 3 years so not sure where that came from except that I ship to a USA Mailbox company...who knows.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 06:00 PM   #3329
Nyax78
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Eyes View Post
I wish we got the deals they do. I'm actually across from Detroit. its tempting to go over and try my luck. I do already have three Grunts. But for 12 bucks its tempting to get more. The craziest one is the $5 Crimson Guards at Ollies.
It is tempting indeed, but having to pay $18.50 to cross the stupid bridge and having to deal with customs makes it less tempting. The US Customs Officers are always suspicious of me and search my truck every damn time. It's a nuisance I don't need.

That Ollie's stuff is maddening though. If I saw Crimson Guards for $5 I'd buy every one in the store. And Target clearancing stuff all the time. That Movies Unlimited place always having good deals. Amazon.com having way more stuff available then Amazon.ca. Getting free shipping with a Pulse membership. Cheap shipping from BBTS and Entertainment Earth. American toy collectors have it so much better then we do. It's why everytime I go to Florida I come back with like $800 worth of toys.
Nyax78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 09:04 PM   #3330
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Those Python Bubbles look pretty good, and the unexpected price drop is even better. I'd love to be able to pick things up at the discounts they get in the US.

Got my Trubble Bubbles delivered today, and Mindbender this week as well. Got a couple others creeping into my POL at BBTS as well. It's a bumper crop of Joes!
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote