ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-06-2024, 08:31 PM   #21
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: GameStop Policy Changes

thats another point as hoffman said. i think the big sales we had last year are not going to happen again. i imagine its goin to be pre covid availabity and distro going forward which honestly sucked
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 08:58 PM   #22
4lott
Master of the Universe

Sorry to ask again but do these changes mean that the edge discount is being phased out and will be gone once the last edge membership expires?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 09:08 PM   #23
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Sorry to ask again but do these changes mean that the edge discount is being phased out and will be gone once the last edge membership expires?
There is no actual info about the Edge program yet. Everything above is all speculation.

That being said, I am not hopeful, given the direction of all their other policies.
philtastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 09:14 PM   #24
4lott
Master of the Universe

Thank you
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 03:29 PM   #25
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

More info coming down the pipe:

Please note that effective April 30, 2024, our "Buy 10, Get 1 Free" promotion for Funko products and "Buy 5, Get 1 Free" promotion for Playd games will be ending. After this date, purchases of products in these categories will no longer qualify towards discount coupons. If you are actively participating in these programs, you will have until this date to accumulate eligible transactions towards coupons.

For those of you who participated in these programs, we want to send you a huge thank you! We will be working to bring you some exciting new promotions on your favourite products in 2024. To kick things off, from May 3, 2024 – May 9, 2024, we will be offering 20% off all Funko products priced $29.99 or greater*.

Sincerely,
The GameStop Canada Team
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:00 PM   #26
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
More info coming down the pipe:

Please note that effective April 30, 2024, our "Buy 10, Get 1 Free" promotion for Funko products and "Buy 5, Get 1 Free" promotion for Playd games will be ending. After this date, purchases of products in these categories will no longer qualify towards discount coupons. If you are actively participating in these programs, you will have until this date to accumulate eligible transactions towards coupons.

For those of you who participated in these programs, we want to send you a huge thank you! We will be working to bring you some exciting new promotions on your favourite products in 2024. To kick things off, from May 3, 2024 ? May 9, 2024, we will be offering 20% off all Funko products priced $29.99 or greater*.

Sincerely,
The GameStop Canada Team
Yeah I got that email as well today.

EVERYONE START CHECKING YOUR LOCAL DUMPS FOR FUNKO POPS!!!
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 05:30 PM   #27
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

funkos are so over priced for what they are. youre literally paying for the license. retailers in canada sure do love their 20 percent off. sad part is its really only 7 percent in savings as the rest goes into the tax lol
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2024, 07:44 AM   #28
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
funkos are so over priced for what they are. youre literally paying for the license. retailers in canada sure do love their 20 percent off. sad part is its really only 7 percent in savings as the rest goes into the tax lol

What's even funnier to me is that Gamestop regularly puts Funkos on sale for their $5 Fridays. Unlike action figures there seems to be a ton of Funkos every time they do them for $5 Fridays. Action figures show up a lot but nowhere near as much, or in the numbers, as Funkos.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:29 AM   #29
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Funkos also very much outnumber action figures releases though. If hasbro came out with figures as frequently as funkos the market would be saturated
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2024, 06:10 AM   #30
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Funkos also very much outnumber action figures releases though. If hasbro came out with figures as frequently as funkos the market would be saturated

I guess so.

I don't follow Funko so I can't say how much more but Hasbro (and Mattel) are no slouches either. Combined between the two companies (not counting smaller companies as well) and their various brands and scales (6", 3.75", etc), I would hazard a guess they release as many figures as Funko.

Tags
collectibles, figures, gamestop, return policy, toys