ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-05-2012, 11:48 PM   #171
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps
Re: Marvel Universe Movie Discussion

I just saw it again...

Wants: DCUC - Dr.Fate, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Supermans, Batmans, Mr. Terrific, Peguin, Firestorm, Harley Quin, Eradicator, Ares, Black Adam, Steel, Doomsday, Robin, Jonah Hex,
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:11 AM   #172
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Keeping it spoiler free....

"Wow" and "whoa" were my reactions throughout the movie! Boy was it satisfying! I knew it was gonna be good, but it really went beyond my expectations. I was so giddy, I felt just a like kid all over again. Dare I say I almost shed a tear of joy seeing the awesome team-ups? Great during and after credit bonus scenes as well!

Did anyone else catch Cap's theme in that one scene? That was pretty cool. Though I don't recall hearing Thor, Hulk, or Iron Man's themes from their respective movies. Seems like a missed opportunity, the soundtrack/score could have been so much better if Silverstri had integrated their themes as well. The Avengers theme itself was pretty catchy, caught myself humming it on the drive back.

Planning to see it again in about a week, but I don't know if I can wait that long! Though before the second viewing, I must do a marathon of the previous films first. Surprisingly, my IMAX screening only showed trailers for Prometheus (can't wait!) and Frankenweenie. Unfortunately, Amazing Spidey and TDKR were absent, both of which I was expecting.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:20 AM   #173
narita
Agent of Shield

Just saw the movie tonight and it was awesome. My wife really enjoyed it too. We are thinking to watch it again as well and we usually don't see a movie twice in the theaters. Hulk was awesome.
narita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:19 AM   #174
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vujonny View Post
I just saw it again...
You lucky bastard! I need to go this week lol
Old 05-06-2012, 12:14 PM   #175
pud333
Master of the Universe

Saw it last night. My thoughts (Some spoilers):

1) Great movie. Certainly the best Marvel film to date. Best super hero movie ever? Eh, debatable. I still prefer the Batman films, but the tone and delivery is so different, it's like comparing apples and oranges almost.

2) Joss Whedon did the perfect job. They found their guy to finally make the Marvel films gel. I've always found the Marvel films to be not bad, but okay, except X2 and Spidery-man 2, which I thought was great. But usually, it's very underwhelming. Joss is a true fan, and I think getting a guy who cut his teeth on ensemble shows really helped. Having worked on his shows Buffy and Angel, where they eventually developed into large ensemble shows and then Firefly, which was the perfection of his development as a writer and director, he really knew how to give each character proper screen time. We all knew IM was going to be the guy to do it in the end, since Robert Downey Jr. is probably the best actor, and highest paid on the cast - deservedly so. But it was nice to see everyone shine. Except maybe Hawkeye. He was lame. I really hope Joss stays on for any Avengers sequels. Whatever the man wants: pay him.

3) The Hulk was badass. Best Hulk ever.

4) The movie looked like Transformers. A gray-ish, silver flying ship that has little guys popping out from the side of it - Transformers. The whole portal with the enemies flying in - Transformers. The daylight battle in the middle of the city - Transformers. The grunts looked like - Transformers. I'm not saying Transformers was particularly original, but aesthetically, it LOOKED like a Transformers movie at the end. This is my only real knock on the movie, but it was such a glaringly direct comparison, I couldn't get it out of my head. That said, great film. I just wish the last battle were a little more original.
Old 05-09-2012, 03:39 AM   #176
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Just saw it again, haha, couldn't wait till next week. Has anyone seen this in the D-Box seats yet? Is it worth it? I wanna try to go for another showing in those.

I gotta say, I loved it when they had the theme blaring for the first time they assembled. It was epic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Quote for the truth! Hulk at his best when he's got many things to smash. Supposedly MS Avengers Hulk is out today, gotta grab one!
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:08 AM   #177
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Quote:
4) The movie looked like Transformers. A gray-ish, silver flying ship that has little guys popping out from the side of it - Transformers. The whole portal with the enemies flying in - Transformers. The daylight battle in the middle of the city - Transformers. The grunts looked like - Transformers. I'm not saying Transformers was particularly original, but aesthetically, it LOOKED like a Transformers movie at the end. This is my only real knock on the movie, but it was such a glaringly direct comparison, I couldn't get it out of my head. That said, great film. I just wish the last battle were a little more original.
I saw the movie again last night, and all I could think about was DOTM when watching the last battle. Doesn't mean I still didn't love it, just that the same formula is being used for this sci-fi end of earth-alien battles.

Anybody else notice that Cap doesn't say "Avengers Assemble!" in the movie. I was so bummed about that
Old 05-11-2012, 11:30 AM   #178
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Avengers to pass a Billion by Sunday

Hulk VFX
Old 05-11-2012, 05:52 PM   #179
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Saw the movie today. When it started i got this big idiot grin that just got bigger and bigger as the awesomeness went on.

On a side note saw an Amazing Spider-man Preview before the movie and that looks great.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:57 PM   #180
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:

3) Other than not talking while Hulk, I agree that was the best Banner/Hulk out of all the movies.

4) When I saw those flying things in the trailer my first thought was did they reuse something DOTM, but after seeing them in action in the film I think they are much more aesthetically pleasing and seem more realistic (if that makes any sense) than the flying ships in DOTM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote