ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 11-05-2012, 12:23 PM   #51
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: The Walking Dead TV Series Discussion(Spoilers)

I actively avoided reading the comics because I wanted to just enjoy the show, but Lori dies anyway. Apparently she gets shot by Lily. So this was just a bit earlier than expected. I guess they changed it up to surprise the comic readers, and to add some different drama.

T-Dog getting killed, yeah, that was just strange. Maybe they have a cap on minority characters being allowed on the main crew, lol. At any rate, black guys don't fare well in horror, and this just seems more of the same.

Overall though, I think with the final episodes of season 2, and now with season 3, the writers have sort of righted the ship. The show has been very entertaining lately.
Old 11-05-2012, 12:53 PM   #52
Robimus
Super Moderator

I think its been alright as well, but the character death issue remains. I was told that Lori dies in the comic, but since thats irrelevent to the show it didn't concern me.

Basically in the past maybe six episodes they have killed off like half of the main group. Dale, Shane, T-Dog, Lori and Hershel's family(of course they were more minor, but none the less).

It feels like its too much, too fast to me. If all they are going to do moving forward is keep up the slaughter then my worry is it will be more gorefest than story and that really not what I'm looking for.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:01 PM   #53
pud333
Master of the Universe

You may have a point about the gore. I think part of why they're doing what they're doing, is to make up for season 2, which people complained about. They promised season 3 would pick up, and I guess they delivered. They may be overcompensating at the expense of character and story payoff.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:02 PM   #54
Robimus
Super Moderator

Yeah, I thought the Sophia arc was the best this show has delivered - then I heard that a lot of people didn't like it because there wasn't enough violence.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 06:04 PM   #55
vujonny
Awesomeness Lantern Corps

People thought hershalls farm was slow... Now the prison is to fast... We don't know if they are leaving the prison yet.

I've read the comics and the prison is an awesome arc in the comics but this show isn't the comics.

I actually cried when Rick started balling. Just imagen if that happen to you... Man.

I also feel like they are just killing people off when they don't know what to do with em... T dog was just starting to hold his own and sure people wanted Lori gone but in the comics... SPOLIERS. The baby dies with Lori after the governor invades the jail. . . I don't know how they r gonna pull off a baby in a ZOMBIE show

I think the show is great. Its gonna be great watching rick develop It's pulling in a buttload of views. Congrats to them and may the show go on for seasons more

Wants: DCUC - Dr.Fate, Azrael, Batman Beyond, Deathstroke, Supermans, Batmans, Mr. Terrific, Peguin, Firestorm, Harley Quin, Eradicator, Ares, Black Adam, Steel, Doomsday, Robin, Jonah Hex,
vujonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:48 PM   #56
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Just curious, but has anyone played The Walking Dead Game by Telltale? I finished it last night, and wow! They did such a fantastic job with the character development and story, it really tugs at your emotional strings. Dare I say I enjoyed it even more than the show?
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:20 PM   #57
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Had to cut back heavy on cable and in doing so lost AMC.... so no more walking dead on the night of anymore.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote