ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-27-2012, 03:15 AM   #1
Mal
Red Shirt
New Collector!

Hello fellow Canadians! so! I'm a new collector, I'm 21 years old and I have always loved comic books, and Marvel and DC and I've loved toys my entire life. I just couldn't work up the nerve to start buying them. But this summer while at work I was in an accident and broke my spine. don't worry I'm not paralyzed but it was close.. I'm mostly bed ridden right now, and decided to try and do something to keep me occupied and happy.

I love Marvel Legends and the Selects figures, they're so detailed and I love the pose-ability of them, I love DC direct figures and DCUC I'm shocked at how in love I am with all the figures I see, some are so beautiful!

But I feel like i've come into the game late and having a really hard time finding figures in Victoria B.C. which is where I'm from, so I was kind of hoping for anyone who lives near by.. or anyone at all who could give me some tips! so far I can tell living in Canada isn't the greatest for collecting.. and prices seem insanely high for figures here.. anyways thanks for any help you provide! and sorry for the long post!
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
SuperPowerCollectbls
Cobra Trooper
Re: New Collector!

Welcome to the boards!
SuperPowerCollectbls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 01:55 PM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

Welcome here!

Check out the Buy/Sell/Trade section of the forum. Maybe some fo the figures your looking for will be available via other members of the community!

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

The Internet is your friend, especially toy forums.

Check out the B/S/T threads.

Check the toy stores advertising in the sidebar.

eBay - for ML, DCUC toys, alot of those things don't have accessories. Check Chinese sellers on EBay. there are sellers that sell loose figures for quite cheep. If you are looking to backfill on missed toys, that's a good option. A good portion of my DCUC collection was bought from Chinese sellers.

Network. Make friends in other forums from the USA. I have a couple guys I buy from regularly. Since they are hunting anyway, I'll make a request and if they find it, they'll pick it up for me at a small mark-up for their time. This is where the other half of my DCUC collection came from. also make friends with other collectors in your area. If you want something, voice it in the forums. Sometimes other guys find something and remember that I expressed it in the thread, so they'll hide it for me and pm me where they saw it. It is worthwhile to be nice and return the favour sometimes.

That said, check out the sightings threads.

Last edited by pud333; 07-27-2012 at 06:55 PM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
w0nd
Cobra Trooper

I am from Vancouver, seems like we have more selection here than there, or maybe I am just ignorant. Anyways I am new as well I joined a while ago due to curiosity and I took a liking to it. Maybe if I see something here that you are looking for I will get it and deliver :P good luck and happy hunting.
w0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:34 PM   #6
cloud
Master of the Universe

Welcome Mal, I used to live in Victoria too so I know it's a tough being a collector there. But the other side of the coin is there's not much competition either. You can easily find your favorite collectibles in retail provided that they do make it to Canadian retail.
Retail was we're mostly screwed across the province because we just don't get the popular stuff that sells like the Avengers 6". Or we don't get well designed box art for Mighty Muggs.

However, I did fine with buying toys online and summer trips to Hong Kong
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote