ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-05-2022, 03:25 AM   #101
NMCTOYS
Red Shirt
Re: NMC Toys aka Northmen Collectibles feedback

I'm going to start off by saying that I do truly apologize for the situation you experienced as far as the unanswered emails and the missed shipping request. This store like most out there right now remains understaffed and backlogged. It's not an excuse as your follow ups should have been caught but it is nonetheless the situation that we are stuck dealing with.

That being said, I take chargebacks incredibly seriously. As per most cardholder agreements out there the consumer is supposed to attempt to cancel the order prior to filing a chargeback to give the retailer the opportunity to cancel it. I will respond to all of these situations the same way. Sometimes I get the person replying back in an apologetic fashion saying they didn't understand the ramifications of a chargeback, other times with the exact same tone I get accused of being condescending. Ultimately at the end of the day I cannot dictate how someone will interpret an email that they are sent as there are people out there of all stripes and sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyguy99 View Post
At the end of the email NMC is asking me to close the dispute before they submit their defense (or they won't send product).

I am not closing the dispute or responding to them as I hope at this point I can just get my money back from the credit card dispute and be done with this store forever. The credit card company told me that I don't need to respond to their email either. As of right now I have a temporary credit on my credit card. So, for anyone who's been through this entire process, what are my chances of winning?
As Hoffman has already confirmed it is essentially impossible for a retailer to win a dispute. Retailer 101 when interacting with a payment processor is that they expressly inform you from the beginning to NEVER ship out product to a customer when there is an active dispute.

The reason for this is that again, it is essentially impossible to win a chargeback. You can have proof of delivery with signature and still lose. I've had situations where the customer had the card company lump his order from this store in alongside an actual fraudulent charge after his card was compromised just because they were made on the same day. I had a signed letter from the customer confirming that my charge was not fraudulent and they never filed the chargeback, I had been sent proof from them that they informed their card company of this for me to provide in my defence, and yet the case was still decided in his favor and he had to manually e-transfer me the funds before I could ship the order.

So yes, I did inform you that nothing would be shipped until the dispute is closed as a result of the fact that if I would have shipped you those items there was a very high chance that the dispute was still decided in your favor and I would have then been out the items, the funds, and been completely reliant on you repaying me to cover the cost of the goods shipped.

Likewise once a dispute is filed the payment processor puts a lock on the transaction. This is to prevent instances where you accidentally double refund the person by refunding the order and having the funds put on hold from the dispute.

This means that once a chargeback is filed I can no longer manually refund the order on my end, it must be refunded through the dispute, and I cannot ship anything as the risk of losing the items and payment is too high.

Unfortunately, this situation is not helped by the fact that the card companies charge the payment processors high fees (and retailers a much lower fee) every single time a chargeback is filed. I've grown more and more convinced that they deliberately mislead people into thinking the chargeback is the best course of action possible in order to collect these fees.

Either way, it's unfortunate the order did not work out for you and you felt the need to file a chargeback. It's a shame that's now a customer lost as a result of missed emails. That being said I nonetheless wish you the best of luck in your collecting going forward regardless of what store it's being done with.

Last edited by NMCTOYS; 02-05-2022 at 06:11 AM. Reason: changed some wording.
NMCTOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 03:58 AM   #102
NMCTOYS
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
PSA: The owner has launched another "Discount for Google Review" campaign as evidenced by the recent surge of positive reviews. If you have any friends in this hobby looking to do some holiday shopping, might be worthwhile to advise they steer clear of this one.
You need to provide proof to back up this claim. You can't just make an accusation like this without proof.

After the last fit people like you threw over me rewarding customers for taking their time to leave a review with a little promo code you think I'm going to deal with that again? It was a very innocent way to pay back our customers for taking time out of their day to actually leave a review which most people do not do.

The ONE time I did that where I offered a promotional code to reward people for providing feedback of their experience it was very publicly posted on our social media and on google directly. I never tried to hide it or be underhanded with that specific promotion.

If what you're saying was true it would be painfully easy for you to provide proof backing up the claim.

You know what I did change? I started sending out emails asking people to leave a review AFTER they received their item. Pretty simple change that frankly has been way more successfully than the promo code promotion was. Nothing exchanged for reviews. Just a simple change in tactic that has proven much more effective.

I look forward to you providing proof to back up your claim. What you're doing here is outright slander. You're making an accusation against a business without any proof to back it up.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:06 AM   #103
NMCTOYS
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post

Same goes for the McFarlane DC figures. Waited for him until even everywhere else have stock until it's not all sold out... Canceled what I can find and hold onto the figures I can't find.
I have changed the source I use for McFarlane figures. I no longer use the large US based distributors for their stuff which is where those initial problems occurred with about 2 or 3 figures if I'm remembering correctly it was Dawnbreaker, Grim Knight, and The Nightwing 2 pack (which I am still waiting for literally any kind of information on but can't seem to get an answer on anything from them).

Since changing sources for their products they have been an absolute dream which you can actually confirm by searching the site for DC Multiverse right now and seeing that I actually have a number of their figures in-stock before my competitors do.

The situation with those 3 items was far from ideal which is why I re-evaluated the vendor I was using and sought out a locally based alternative.

Sure things may arrive after they do in the US (but actually I find sometimes before) and it may take a little longer for them to get to my order than it does for them to ship to the big box stores (for obvious reasons) but overall I have been incredibly pleased with the experience over the last year or so of ordering products directly from their Canadian distributor.

Can't really disagree with the rest. The situation concerning responding to emails right now is far from ideal. The Blue ranger was in stock so it seems you may have cancelled a little early or I may have just cancelled it for you upon request even though it was in stock.

I'm also going to add a note here at the end of this reply as I am not going to be going through all of these comments and responding to everyone. I responded to a few I saw over the last couple pages. I also won't be monitoring this thread regularly. I just don't have the time. If anyone needs to get in touch with this store to resolve an out standing issue the best way to do this is via email. If you are sending emails that aren't being responded to there may be an issue with receiving them or you may be emailing the wrong address. If you use social media please follow up on there with your order number by DM'ing us on either FB or Instagram (FB is better, instagram doesn't always notify me of requests) or simply follow up via email. There was an issue receiving emails from microsoft based addresses to our google run email but I've been getting a lot more emails from Hotmail accounts the last week so I'm hoping it's been resolved.

Last edited by NMCTOYS; 02-05-2022 at 04:06 AM. Reason: added note to bottom.
Old 02-05-2022, 04:12 AM   #104
NMCTOYS
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime Sinister View Post
Can?t believe he is expanding to the U.S. to take on BBTS.
This one gave me a good laugh. I was honestly gonna log off of here for the night but I just couldn't help answering this one. The stuff people come up with just kills me.

I'm flattered you think I would try and take on BBTS but that's absurd. Hell I even use them to buy stuff for my own collection that I don't have access to.

I had previously shipped to the US. I disabled shipping to the US probably about 2 and a half years ago due to some restrictions that came into play for TMNT pre-orders and no real way to block Americans from buying them. I have fairly recently re-enabled shipping to the US.

I do not advertise there. I do not post on their groups. I do absolutely nothing with the US market aside from offer shipping to people who live there. Every once and awhile someone that lives there places an order. I'm honestly shocked when they do because options in the US are so much better than they are here.

It would be absolute insanity for any store in this industry based out of Canada to attempt to "expand" into the US let alone take on BBTS.
Old 02-05-2022, 07:23 AM   #105
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

It takes a lot of balls to come here and continue being a bullshitter that can't take accountability, I'll give you that much.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 09:28 AM   #106
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

LMAO I always wondered when this guy would show up...not even gonna bother reading his novels...my god you have alot of time to write stuff. His infamous emails are enough.

Last edited by sixshot1981; 02-05-2022 at 09:34 AM.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 11:52 AM   #107
kentf
Red Shirt

Feel free to post up the numerous pleasant emails/tickets I sent to you over the span of a month or so last year. All of them that went unanswered. Make sure you also include your unhinged reply that you finally sent after the chargeback I warned you I would be pursuing finally went through. Order/ticket/request/whatever #R57V014438.

You’re an absolute joke.

Last edited by kentf; 02-05-2022 at 11:56 AM.
kentf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:03 PM   #108
Nixle
Cobra Trooper

Ordered some mcfarlane figures from there recently and it all shipped no problem at all.
Nixle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 04:42 PM   #109
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
LMAO I always wondered when this guy would show up...not even gonna bother reading his novels...my god you have alot of time to write stuff. His infamous emails are enough.
LMAOO. They really are novels. Just walls of text. Or walls of bullshit I should say.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2022, 06:12 PM   #110
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixle View Post
Ordered some mcfarlane figures from there recently and it all shipped no problem at all.
Even a stopped clock is right twice a day
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote