ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 05-05-2018, 07:03 PM   #1271
Robimus
Super Moderator
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

I picked up Rey, Jyn and Cassian for $5. Also noticed Krennic was in stovk online last night for $5

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 09:09 PM   #1272
inglisia
Red Shirt

Star Wars The Black Series Centerpiece on clearance from 40$ to 20$ at walmart.ca Still in stock as of May 6 2018 9h00 pm easter time.

Vader : https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wa.../6000197118812

Luke : https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/star-wa.../6000197118815
inglisia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:48 PM   #1273
The7thParallel
Cobra Trooper

Bought one of each. Thanks! Gonna return my $40 one to TRU!
The7thParallel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 11:21 PM   #1274
wedge1021
Mutant

For anyone who was able to pre-order Wolffe at ebgames - any luck getting a call that one's in yet?
I've been sitting on it 2 weeks now. They took my $5 but I'm doubtful they get any more in.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 03:16 AM   #1275
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

^ Wolffe is just confusing from what I've seen. I do not work there but this is what I gathered:

"Wasn't allowed" to preorder Wolffe at 2 different stores here using the SKU on April 28th. I blame inept employees.

Some stores got him May 1st. Some posters were able to preorder him. I called multiple stores here and if they received any, they got 1. Maybe 2. Stores allowed a day hold if you called them first-thing. One store outside the city here did not receive theirs until the following week. I tried to preorder there but wasn't allowed either. Their system treats any item that is released as no longer preorderable I guess.

One store looked at the SKU in their inventory system (?) and I saw the numbers with my own eyes: website was 99 and stores were a number in the 20s.

One store told me this meant a lot would show up on the website and that stores would get a restock. There isn't even a link for Wolffe on the website from what I can see. Did it ever go up? Not that I know of.

Every exclusive that EB have gotten from Hasbro (Marvel, TFs, SW) hasn't been one and gone. I am of the opinion that more are coming. When I first got the TF Clones it was 1 per store and then more arrived weeks later.

Now after typing all that.. hopefully the following info helps you specifically with your preorder: go in-store and talk to someone who knows what's what.

I did a pre-order for the Dewback from the website to the store. Their system does a process where it is like ship to store... except really slow. It was over a week after it was supposed to arrive and the store still didn't get it. So the store got me one from another EB and then when mine actually arrived, it was shipped to that other store in-exchange.

Last edited by chaingunsofdoom; 05-12-2018 at 03:18 AM.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 10:46 PM   #1276
wedge1021
Mutant

^ Thanks chainguns - that all pretty much echoes my experience so far as well.

I did my pre-order in-store on April 30. The store manager rang it through for me. He said they had received their 2 on the 27th and sold both that day (breaking street date - which he loathes but was still bothered that his employees didn't follow it). He checked the system for me as well, saw the same numbers you did.

I was thinking the same thing re: previous Hasbro exclusives. There's always been plenty enough available - so much so that most of them end up on clearance eventually. I'm hoping Wolffe will be similar in the end, but who knows? I think someone said they are a shared exclusive with Disney Store? So maybe that has cut into the inventory.

And yes, I've been checking their website daily and I've never seen a page for Wolffe yet.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 05:51 PM   #1277
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Two pack of Porgs available on Walmart.ca for $9.97. with $5 handling and $5 shipping charge I decided to pass. Just not worth it.

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2018, 07:21 PM   #1278
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Found Wolffe here today. Only 40km out of the way. The store that checked stock for me via SKU had the 2 "closest" stores showing 1 each in-stock. Called 1 store and they put it on hold for me. So this would've been the second shipment here.
Old 05-17-2018, 08:38 PM   #1279
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Porgs are up at TRU.ca for $9.99:

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index....ctId=142869986
Old 05-18-2018, 10:35 PM   #1280
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Sites like Fwoosh are mentioning June 1st dates at Gamestop USA and Target for new BS6... any sign of anything at EB?

Also, how are we supposed to get Target Chewie or Target Gamorrean Guard?

And yeah this is a bit laughable when Solo figures have only appeared at one physical chain (EB) and we missed the wave with Rex too (unless you got him online).