ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-13-2010, 12:05 PM   #11
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat
Re: The Clone Wars: Season 3 Episode 9 Discussion Thread

Actually I don't, but I also don't need to know.

BTW, I hope this settles whoever it was who had a problem with Bane using a lightsaber. He uses it like a sword, which he's undoubtably handled before, but hasn't the actual skill to use it as a lightsaber, which makes sense. It's just a tool, people can pick it up, turn it on and use it in a crude manner, but Obi Wan quickly and effortlessly disarmed him still.

I see it no different than han Solo using Luke's saber in ESB.
Old 11-13-2010, 08:27 PM   #12
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Actually I don't, but I also don't need to know.
Then why quote me and invite discussion? You and I had a whole big discussion about this during the The Mandalorian Episodes last year. You liked them, I didn't.

I did have the respect to read your posts and understand why you don't care for them, which were because your not an EU fan and have no interest in continuity that existed prior to the show.

Thats a completely legitimate reason for you to feel the way you do. You just need to understand that not everyone will share your viewpoint.

As for Bane and his lightsaber, that was me, and yes I did think the episode handled it very well, as I said in my brief review of the episode.

It feels to me now that I out of respect for you have taken the time on many occasions to disucss many topics with you, to understand your viewpoints and express my own.

Your most recent comment makes me feel as though I'm not worthy of that same respect, which is fine, at least we know where we stand with each other.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 09:03 PM   #13
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Then why quote me and invite discussion? You and I had a whole big discussion about this during the The Mandalorian Episodes last year. You liked them, I didn't.

I did have the respect to read your posts and understand why you don't care for them, which were because your not an EU fan and have no interest in continuity that existed prior to the show.

Thats a completely legitimate reason for you to feel the way you do. You just need to understand that not everyone will share your viewpoint.

As for Bane and his lightsaber, that was me, and yes I did think the episode handled it very well, as I said in my brief review of the episode.

It feels to me now that I out of respect for you have taken the time on many occasions to disucss many topics with you, to understand your viewpoints and express my own.

Your most recent comment makes me feel as though I'm not worthy of that same respect, which is fine, at least we know where we stand with each other.
Obviously I didn't realise you were the same guy who I discussed the Mando EU with. But seriously, give me a break, I haven't actually posted in this section for like two months so forgive me if I don't remember every single person here. It's not disrespect, I just physically can't remember every single person I've met and conversation I've had online.

My comment was just me saying I liked the cubist setting of Mandalore. I didn't know we'd had a heated discussion before since, well I get into them a lot.

Like a lot a lot.

Oh, and BTW, the way you said "you know my views on Cubist art" I thought you meant it in that it was like some sort of touchy subject, so I said "I don't need to know" because I didn't want to dive into something you didn't want to.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 11-13-2010 at 09:13 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:03 AM   #14
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
Obviously I didn't realise you were the same guy who I discussed the Mando EU with. But seriously, give me a break, I haven't actually posted in this section for like two months so forgive me if I don't remember every single person here. It's not disrespect, I just physically can't remember every single person I've met and conversation I've had online.

My comment was just me saying I liked the cubist setting of Mandalore. I didn't know we'd had a heated discussion before since, well I get into them a lot.

Like a lot a lot.

Oh, and BTW, the way you said "you know my views on Cubist art" I thought you meant it in that it was like some sort of touchy subject, so I said "I don't need to know" because I didn't want to dive into something you didn't want to.
I find it difficult to believe that you don't remember our many conversations over the past couple years. I guess I just wasn't worth remembering.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 12:27 AM   #15
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Dude, you have to understand, I engage in many, many conversations daily. I browse not only this site, but TFW and Toyark, and recently my interests have shifted from Star wars to TFs and Halo figures. (not to mention the recent game)
Old 11-14-2010, 10:57 AM   #16
RyDel
Super Friend

I was a little bit bored with this episode.

The ending fight was fun though.
RyDel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 03:57 PM   #17
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Great episode! Ziro got exactly what he deserved, although it would've been cooler to see Bane ice the slug!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote