ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-08-2023, 06:01 PM   #2441
nighthawk
Jedi Knight
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

So, I put Snow Job and 2 of the Cobra army builder figures into my cart. With shipping, comes to just over $48 a figure.

If I only get Snow Job and 1 set of Cobra troopers, then it comes to $53.82 a figure.

Just not worth paying so much.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 06:57 PM   #2442
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
So, I put Snow Job and 2 of the Cobra army builder figures into my cart. With shipping, comes to just over $48 a figure.

If I only get Snow Job and 1 set of Cobra troopers, then it comes to $53.82 a figure.

Just not worth paying so much.
Are these for Pulse members only (I'm not familiar with how their system works)? I can't seem to get to the check-out page.

Any how, oooof, yes, this is definitely a dick move towards us. Oooooo Gamestop you got's to come through for us!!

Last edited by BlackBeltJohnson; 03-08-2023 at 07:16 PM.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:42 PM   #2443
philtastic
Master of the Universe

So were these new figures announced and put up for pre-order on the same day, or did I miss an announcement yesterday? Because same-day pre-orders are BS.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:42 PM   #2444
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post
Are these for Pulse members only (I'm not familiar with how their system works)? I can't seem to get to the check-out page.

Any how, oooof, yes, this is definitely a dick move towards us. Oooooo Gamestop you got's to come through for us!!
Sometimes they get these hasbro pulse exclusives but we didn?t for the xmen VHS stuff so they may have stymied us.

Serpentor was a n GS next day so fingers crossed for tomorrow coming up milhouse
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 07:44 PM   #2445
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
So were these new figures announced and put up for pre-order on the same day, or did I miss an announcement yesterday? Because same-day pre-orders are BS.
It's random but this time was same day announcement/pre-order
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:21 PM   #2446
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Should add though that the Joe stream was delayed a couple of weeks too so more time for retailers to prep their pages
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:35 PM   #2447
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Yep, count me as one of those Canadian suckers for the Snow Job and Valkyries. Way too expensive for what you get but, again, I'm a sucker. I have almost a complete set of Classified figures so far (missing Arctic SS). So yeah I am part of the problem. I guess the only good thing is if by some miracle they show up here through some other channel before release I can cancel the Pulse preorder. Though we know that isn't going to happen with a Pulse exclusive.

Anyway onto today's reveals:

Loved everything they revealed. Seriously, everything. Hopefully they can get the Falcon/Cover Girl stink off the line with this next wave.

The next wave is all hits in my opinion. Even Rock N' Roll who I didn't like when they revealed the digital render. However now seeing the actual physical product he looks great, and I can see how the additional colours really make a difference. Bazooka, Shipwreck, Copperhead and Torpedo are all excellent as well. This wave, if executed as seen with these reveals will probably be the best to date.

Snow Job and the Valkyries are great. I really like the slight bits of grey that were on Snow Job to better accentuate his look instead of the mostly all white render.

Scrap Iron, his drone, and the effect pieces are just outstanding. I was worried this wouldn't translate well from digital to physical, but man they hit it out of the park. I cannot wait to get this bad boy. I just hope there is a way to have the drone attach to the HISS. If not no big deal, but that bit of extra cross compatibility would be amazing.

I was a bit bummed by the new packaging revealed. It looks like they are going with black boxes instead of blue. The number font is changing, and it looks like they are going to switch to a standard art style for all the figures going forward. No more individual artistic takes. Boo if true!!!

The digital render reveals were also great to see. Firefly is finally coming in the more classic look!!! I love that he gets a remote control car instead of the drone from the first version. The question now is what to do with my first version. I think he'll be an apprentice, and the classic look is the original Firefly.

Lowlight also looks incredible. Just exactly what I was hoping for, but I need a bullet for his rifle!!!! Lol

Tunnel Rat looks good, and his flashlights being removable is great. However there is something about the render that doesn't look quite right to me. I can't put my finger on it though.

Shadow Tracker looks great, but something about his head seems off. Maybe I just expected the big, long dreadlocks and this looks more like a hood, or the dreads are tied back. Anyway nice to see more newer era characters.

Finally the latest Pipeline "name" reveals look are great. Always nice to see more classic characters. Quick Kick is great, I would love it if they gave him a Frozen Fudgie Bar accessory. Mutt and Junkyard are great and nice to see another human and "pet.". BIG BOA! BIG BOA! BOG BOA! Just make him the original but in Classified please.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 08:39 PM   #2448
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeltJohnson View Post

Unfortunately the trend for "Pulse" exclusives is that you can only get them on Pulse. No other retailers will get them.

Things like Serpentor are actually Con exclusives and, thankfully, GameStop has been getting them for the last few years.

So I think it is highly unlikely we'll see Snow Job and the Valkyries anywhere else. Much like the ML Terrax/Fallen One 2 pack and the Retro O-ring 2 packs.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2023, 11:25 PM   #2449
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

I may suck it up and get the Valkyries and Snow Job. It's the $30 shipping that hurts.
Old 03-08-2023, 11:26 PM   #2450
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Anyone notice the publicity shots. One shot of Bazooka has a Python Crimson Guard and one of Snow Job pictures has Arctic Bats behind him.