ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-31-2009, 05:05 PM   #1
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper
Favourite Marvel Villian

One thing I have to give Marvel is they have much better villians then DC. For example Spiderman I could name a good 15-20 villians....Superman...I dunno, there's Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizzaro, Myxypltylk, Metalo, Toy maker, and Doomsday....other then them I can hardly think of any but that being said who's your favourite Marvel villian?

I have to give my favourite to Venom...he was the first villian to give Spiderman a real run for his life. Practically had him dead if he didn't seperate the symbiote from Eddie Brock. There was a while were Venom was a bit of an anti-hero which I also liked to see since he had a Punisher feel to him with long sharp teeth, long slimy tongue, and insane alien suit covering him...definately would not be something you'd want to see in real life.
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 06:48 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Favourite Marvel Villian

I've always liked Magneto as a character. I hope to see a Marvel Universe toy of him as I'm feeling the need to collect this line.
Old 01-31-2009, 10:50 PM   #3
Cyber-Kun
Super Friend
Send a message via MSN to Cyber-Kun Send a message via Skype™ to Cyber-Kun

Dr Doom is the greatest villain to me, ever. I really really hope there's going to be a Marvel Universe toy of him soon.
Cyber-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2009, 10:51 PM   #4
Cyber-Kun
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMfan101 View Post
One thing I have to give Marvel is they have much better villians then DC. For example Spiderman I could name a good 15-20 villians....Superman...I dunno, there's Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Bizzaro, Myxypltylk, Metalo, Toy maker, and Doomsday....other then them I can hardly think of any but that being said who's your favourite Marvel villian?

I have to give my favourite to Venom...he was the first villian to give Spiderman a real run for his life. Practically had him dead if he didn't seperate the symbiote from Eddie Brock. There was a while were Venom was a bit of an anti-hero which I also liked to see since he had a Punisher feel to him with long sharp teeth, long slimy tongue, and insane alien suit covering him...definately would not be something you'd want to see in real life.
don't know about Venom giving the first run for his life, I've always felt that was Green Goblin taking that cake...
Old 02-01-2009, 12:12 AM   #5
CardiacArrest
Cobra Trooper

i am a villan lover. I love the villans more than the heroes most of the time!
i.e. Spidermans rogues gallery, soooooo many cool villans, its so hard to choose!! Same with Batmans rogues.
I guess if i had to pick just one, it would probably be Dr Doom. So sinister, so evil, i love it!
CardiacArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:40 AM   #6
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Doom or Green Goblin. Doom for the genius but utterly evil. While goblin is just plain nuts.

As for a figure representation, I would say the Sentinels from ML
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 01:46 PM   #7
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper

Wow that's a lot of Dr. Doom love that I wouldn't have expected...course I don't read enough Fantastic four to get a good feel for him.
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2009, 05:22 PM   #8
Cyber-Kun
Super Friend

Quote:
Wow that's a lot of Dr. Doom love that I wouldn't have expected...course I don't read enough Fantastic four to get a good feel for him.
Some good reads of Dr. Doom are: Dr. Strange/ Dr. Doom: Triumph and Torment, Fantastic Four: Books of Doom and Iron Man: Doomquest.
Old 02-01-2009, 05:25 PM   #9
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
One thing I have to give Marvel is they have much better villians then DC.
Generally, I'd tend to agree. I can name way more memorable Marvel villains than DC. Though I had always been fond of Batman's villains. I like the villains that are cerebral and just all around messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Megatron View Post
I've always liked Magneto as a character. I hope to see a Marvel Universe toy of him as I'm feeling the need to collect this line.
I hope so too. I'm pretty sure we'll get him. There are so many awesome characters in Marvel, so I don't want to have to wait two years to get all my favorite X-men and Villains. Since Cap. America and Wolverine are already coming out, I would love a Blackwidow so I can complete the old-school trio.

But back on topic: Favorite Marvel villain is definitely Magneto. I wonder if he'll have a molded cape. If they do something similar like the DCIH molded capes, I'll be happy. You know, very soft and malleable so it doesn't completely destroy all articulation. If not, then cloth is fine.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 02:09 PM   #10
Haggis
Kilted Crusader

Fav Villians are Magneto and Carnage
Haggis is offline   Reply With Quote