ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 02-05-2009, 03:21 PM   #1
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Hasbro Marvel Legends Nemesis Wave

Looks like a Canadian store got these in. http://thefwoosh.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=96&t=56985

Anyone getting these?

I'm really tempted to buy the red Daredevil but it's a bit too expensive and I have to add shipping on top of that... I might wait to see if anyone's willing to part with the DD loose instead since I don't buy BAFs generally.

Pics of the figures and variants: http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=11830
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:34 PM   #2
4lott
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Marvel Legends Nemesis Wave

They're getting them from Everest. Funny how we're getting these before the US. They even have Walmart exclusive stickers on them.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 03:42 PM   #3
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Yeah it's kind of weird, but will these even show up in mass retail? All I see are those endless Emma Frosts, Banshees, Hercules and Beasts from Annihilus Wave at TRU/Wal-Mart/Zellers. Some less shelf-warming figures I found at the new Wal-Mart are: Colossus, Ultimate Iron Man, Planet Hulk, Black Knight, Bucky, Captain America (FA) from the same wave or Brood Queen.

Other than that I wonder if we'll even get the Red Hulk or Ares wave ever due to the 3.75" figures.

FFF came out briefly at Zellers but I think it didn't even have all the figures to build him.
Old 02-05-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
CardiacArrest
Cobra Trooper

Looks like CMD Store has em too!!
Or TOYSONFIRE, same difference!
CardiacArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 08:54 PM   #5
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

might be a dumb question, but what do you mean they are getting them from everest? is that a distrubutor?
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 09:18 PM   #6
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Yeah I believe so.

http://www.everestwholesale.com/about.htm
Old 02-05-2009, 09:58 PM   #7
4lott
Master of the Universe

Funny, over at Fwoosh it seems like some posters are still trying to come to terms with the fact that we got these first. Icetron I posted the same link there. Funny thing was I walked into my LCS and saw the empty HML case. I looked at the manager and said "where are they" as I scanned the pegs. He says "you're cold" . He kept the whole display under the counter knowing either I or another guy who was waiting for them would be there. What I wasn't expecting was the Nemesis wave (I thought it would be Rulk).
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 10:50 PM   #8
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper

I dunno....I think the only one I see myself getting would be the two Punishers but I have a feeling the camo version will be a bitch to find.
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #9

i ordered my set last night... they can't arrive here any sooner!
avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:53 AM   #10
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lott View Post
Funny, over at Fwoosh it seems like some posters are still trying to come to terms with the fact that we got these first. Icetron I posted the same link there. Funny thing was I walked into my LCS and saw the empty HML case. I looked at the manager and said "where are they" as I scanned the pegs. He says "you're cold" . He kept the whole display under the counter knowing either I or another guy who was waiting for them would be there. What I wasn't expecting was the Nemesis wave (I thought it would be Rulk).
Yeah I know, it seems a bit crazy over there for this kind of thing. I guess we're calm since aside from comic/hobby stores our mass retail places don't stock MLs anymore, so having them 'first' in some way or another is kind of refreshing for once.

I mean if people in the US would complain about $12-13 TF deluxes I think it's not that uncommon to see a big fuss over Canadian comic stores getting Nemesis Wave first. However people have been waiting since 2007 for these so it's somewhat understandable I guess.

I just really want the red Daredevil so hopefully someone doesn't want it when they get their set.