ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 11-24-2020, 11:44 PM   #61
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Power Rangers Online/Pre Order Sightings Thread

We got great combining Zords with Bandai, that's for sure. My 1993 Megazord is still in great condition despite all my students playing with it and assembling it over the years. IMO it looks better than any Dino Megazord hasbro has produced.

I'm fine with Hasbro just focusing on the action figure side of things, as opposed to Zords.

We already have great versions of many past Megazords. We don't necessarily need them again.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 11:48 PM   #62
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
We got great combining Zords with Bandai, that's for sure. My 1993 Megazord is still in great condition despite all my students playing with it and assembling it over the years. IMO it looks better than any Dino Megazord hasbro has produced.

I'm fine with Hasbro just focusing on the action figure side of things, as opposed to Zords.

We already have great versions of many past Megazords. We don't necessarily need them again.
Yeah Hasbro isn't good at making Zords at all and I'd prefer them to just stick with figures. Especially if the extra money could go into the figures and give us better quality action figures.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:52 AM   #63
Ksteel
Mutant

Plus, honestly.. the combining zords tend to be more targeted to children, as the Bandai megazords were.

Lightning Collection seems less about playability, and more about articulated adult collector display pieces. If they ever do Megazords, they'll probably be non-combining ones with LC style articulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an 7 inch MMPR Megazord lightning collection figure in a future wave, that scales with the monster things.
Old 11-25-2020, 02:51 PM   #64
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Plus, honestly.. the combining zords tend to be more targeted to children, as the Bandai megazords were.

Lightning Collection seems less about playability, and more about articulated adult collector display pieces. If they ever do Megazords, they'll probably be non-combining ones with LC style articulation.

I wouldn't be surprised if we get an 7 inch MMPR Megazord lightning collection figure in a future wave, that scales with the monster things.
Yeah but the early Bandai Megazords that we got which were the same as the version the Japanese got doubled as a toy and a collector piece due to the quality of them. Especially when they started loading them with Die cast metal. It was a toy but had the quality of an Adult collector Piece. It wasn't really until 2007-2008 when Bandai of America dropped the whole Toy/collectible thing and just went full on kids toy mode. Which is when we started getting Megazords that looked more like toys than collectibles and introduced new things like the Zord Builder ports to promote playability with kids.

Well Hasbro just gave us that Megazord sized Zeo Megazord that had articulation and was completely over priced. That will probably be what we'll get going forward for retro zords, unless they decide to switch over to 7 inch Megazord figures like you said but even then. If they will be anything like the Monster figures we've been getting we can expect them to lack paint and be disappointing.

It seems like Hasbro doesn't even know what LC is supposed to be. Is it a collector line or a toy line? Cause they really don't treat it as a collector line. It's like they want it to be a collector line but don't want to put the money behind it in order for it to be a collector line unlike Marvel Legends or Black Series.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #65
Ksteel
Mutant

I feel like the money they put into Power Rangers LC is relative to the public interest in the line. The fact that they've been relying on so many cost-cutting measures lately is quite telling.
Old 11-25-2020, 07:22 PM   #66
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yeah but the early Bandai Megazords that we got which were the same as the version the Japanese got doubled as a toy and a collector piece due to the quality of them. Especially when they started loading them with Die cast metal. It was a toy but had the quality of an Adult collector Piece. It wasn't really until 2007-2008 when Bandai of America dropped the whole Toy/collectible thing and just went full on kids toy mode. Which is when we started getting Megazords that looked more like toys than collectibles and introduced new things like the Zord Builder ports to promote playability with kids.

Well Hasbro just gave us that Megazord sized Zeo Megazord that had articulation and was completely over priced. That will probably be what we'll get going forward for retro zords, unless they decide to switch over to 7 inch Megazord figures like you said but even then. If they will be anything like the Monster figures we've been getting we can expect them to lack paint and be disappointing.

It seems like Hasbro doesn't even know what LC is supposed to be. Is it a collector line or a toy line? Cause they really don't treat it as a collector line. It's like they want it to be a collector line but don't want to put the money behind it in order for it to be a collector line unlike Marvel Legends or Black Series.
I thought it was a bit expensive at first but the zeo Megazord isnt over priced. Not many parts can be reused so the price point is understable
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:25 AM   #67
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Decently priced LC over on toysnowman right now
from $15-24
https://www.toysnowman.com/shop/23
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2020, 11:53 AM   #68
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticShin27 View Post
Decently priced LC over on toysnowman right now
from $15-24
https://www.toysnowman.com/shop/23
Actually a pretty couple solid deals over there. Thanks for the heads up !
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 12:42 AM   #69
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

If you're interested in the ThreeZero 1/6 scale MMPR they're up for preorder at Ages 3 & Up

https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/collec...anger-six-pack

They also have each ranger up for preorder individually too if you only wanted a certain character.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 08:45 PM   #70
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketGTR View Post
If you're interested in the ThreeZero 1/6 scale MMPR they're up for preorder at Ages 3 & Up

https://www.agesthreeandup.ca/collec...anger-six-pack

They also have each ranger up for preorder individually too if you only wanted a certain character.
Definitely interested just not sure the best place to get them.
Threezero used to offer free shipping and declare in low value that you wont be taxed. but not anymore
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote