ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-12-2020, 04:00 PM   #11
WhenGeeksCollide
Cobra Trooper
Re: EB Games Stories?

Has anyone dealt with the Burlington (Appleby & Dundas) Location?

If so how did that go?
WhenGeeksCollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 09:31 AM   #12
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

My main store is the Georgian Mall in Barrie, and for the most part the crew there is the best I’ve ever dealt with. They took the time to get to know me as a customer and a person, and for as lame as it sounds not going there once a week has been the most depressing part of COVID-19 for me. They re-open today, I believe, and I’m stupidly excited.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 02:42 PM   #13
Napseeker
Dark Knight

My experiences have basically been very good. The guy who orders my Marvel Legends knows his stuff and knows what I want. No real horror stories... sometimes I get the feeling that certain people get access to the $5 items way before I even get to the store, but that's about it.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:11 AM   #14
riderman
Master of the Universe

Weird thing happened Thursday night when I called to pre-order some items from EB. The store I called wasn't a mall store but a individual store close by a Walmart. The kids working there couldn't pre-order any of the items even though I had SKU numbers and the strangest thing is that when I called back again today on a Saturday morning the employee pre-ordered everything for me? Maybe a new guy working there or it wasn't in the system yet??
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:25 PM   #15
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

In Calgary, most of the EBs in the south are great. There are some really solid employees that I deal with quite a bit and never seem to mess up on pre-orders. I make an effort to buy from there over Amazon and WalMart as I do. It want them to close.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 10:39 AM   #16
WhenGeeksCollide
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Weird thing happened Thursday night when I called to pre-order some items from EB. The store I called wasn't a mall store but a individual store close by a Walmart. The kids working there couldn't pre-order any of the items even though I had SKU numbers and the strangest thing is that when I called back again today on a Saturday morning the employee pre-ordered everything for me? Maybe a new guy working there or it wasn't in the system yet??
Very similar to my story. I got an e-mail from EB saying they have the GamerVerse Wave, so I figured I would call to see if they had Leader but also try to pre-order the Retro Beast and Mysterio. Right away I could tell that I was annoying the guy. After giving him the SKUs he said I wasn't able to to pre order them, thats not a problem. But then I asked him if they had the Marvel Legends Leader figure, and before I even finished he said "We have zero MARVEL LEGENDS in stock, we sold out the day before we closed for Covid". Now right away I was like um okay.

So the next day at work it was honestly all I could think about, so after work I stopped in and to no ones surprise they were packed with Marvel Legends. I then said to the CSR man you guys stocked up on these fast. She looked at me like I was nuts. That is just one story, I have others.
WhenGeeksCollide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:22 AM   #17
Xtreme987
Jedi Knight

Well for the most part the staff @ most of the EB's around here are pretty good. I have however run into the same problem as RJ64 of them selling my pre-order to random customers so I will never pre-order anything from EB again. I still shop there tho.
Xtreme987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 11:47 AM   #18
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhenGeeksCollide View Post
Very similar to my story. I got an e-mail from EB saying they have the GamerVerse Wave, so I figured I would call to see if they had Leader but also try to pre-order the Retro Beast and Mysterio. Right away I could tell that I was annoying the guy. After giving him the SKUs he said I wasn't able to to pre order them, thats not a problem. But then I asked him if they had the Marvel Legends Leader figure, and before I even finished he said "We have zero MARVEL LEGENDS in stock, we sold out the day before we closed for Covid". Now right away I was like um okay.

So the next day at work it was honestly all I could think about, so after work I stopped in and to no ones surprise they were packed with Marvel Legends. I then said to the CSR man you guys stocked up on these fast. She looked at me like I was nuts. That is just one story, I have others.
I asked to pre-order Gray Beast and Mysterio and they said I was past the pre-order time. Guess I should buy online. Also the same store held a figure for me Monday and they sold it before closing. Boy was I upset!!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote