ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #431
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion
Re: Watto's Junk Yard: Post Your Star Wars Toy Hauls Here!

Got Padme, am I unimpressed with the Black Series card backs. The boxes at least have a semi-excuse of being collectibles for the six inchers, but honestly I would have preferred more Lost Series card backs or even an updated modern style TVC card where they feature... I don't know, anything compared to the bland as all get out plain black with orange stripe.

TRU Polo had tons of the 3 3/4'' stuff, can't wait to nab the two clones, a biker scout and vader. (What can I say, I'm a sucker for a good action scene display piece and Bespin Trap Vader will be a welcome addition to such figures.)

Those Mission Series two packs are... well I certainly hope the kids eat them up because five points of articulation is what turned me off of Power of the Force/Jedi and Prequel Era lines pre-ball joint articulation out the wazoo TVC style figures. The Seeker Droid with Vader looks nice, not sure if it's worth the purchase price though as I have no use for that Vader.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:22 PM   #432
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

Not necessarily a find but, they were resetting the toy aisle at The Target in my town. I got to look at the tags on the sheets as the lady was putting them on the pegs. The Black Series 3.75" are $11.99 and the 6" are $24.99, what the 'EF?
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:49 PM   #433
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66jedikiller66 View Post
Not necessarily a find but, they were resetting the toy aisle at The Target in my town. I got to look at the tags on the sheets as the lady was putting them on the pegs. The Black Series 3.75" are $11.99 and the 6" are $24.99, what the 'EF?
Yeah I noticed that today when I picked up the last TVC Evazan for 5.49$, all the Kithaba were gone unfortunately.

I mean TRU has them at 10.99$ for the 3.75'' figures, not sure on the 6'' ones.

I thought Target was supposed to be, you know, keeping things competitive and not resorting to Zellers pricing.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #434
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

I also went there looking for clearance stuff and they said they sent it all to the back room until they finish the reset. There was 4 of them and that was at 8:30am so I'm thinking they will make a lot of progress today.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #435
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Recently picked up Orrimaarko and Naboo Pilot from Wal-Mart, the one Wal-Mart with Orrimaarko didn't have much else. Probably grab Mawhonic sometime next week to catch up, though I do wish they'd drop the Rollback of these figures to 5$ like they used to.

The Wal-Mart with the Naboo Pilot however was just terrible, they had a Weequay left too, which I gladly would have bought since I collect loose anyway, but I just couldn't pay for something on a card that had three holes punched in it. I may collect loose/open up everything, but I still have my standards for how I like to keep the card backs, especially with Star Wars figures.

The Naboo Pilot I bought was the better out of the two, the first was scratched up a bit and had a tear in the hanger are for the pegs. The one I bought at least didn't have any big holes or scratches, the worse it had was it looked like someone stepped on the thing and bent the card at some point, because it's all curvy.

Will probably try and loosen it up to stiffen it back into a flat card at some point, perhaps steam it or something I don't know. Use it as a bookmark in a hardcover I need to read more than likely.

*SIGH* Ah well, when picking up figures late to the party you must come to expect such problems. So... Anybody spot the Weequay from the last wave of Vintage figures at Wal-Mart in Winnipeg without any blemishes on the card backs?

What about St. Vital or that Wal-Mart down by Ikea, Kenaston isn't it??? Something like that.
Old 08-25-2013, 09:40 PM   #436
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

I think TRU had the 6" at 24.99 too. I remember Darth Maul was expensive. Great figure but way overpriced. Should be more the cost of a Deluxe Transformer, not 7.00 more.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 06:50 PM   #437
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
I think TRU had the 6" at 24.99 too. I remember Darth Maul was expensive. Great figure but way overpriced. Should be more the cost of a Deluxe Transformer, not 7.00 more.
walmart has it for $22...like the luke skywalker figure....but will wait to go on sale.....
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 08:54 AM   #438
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Wal-Mart's recent rollback has allowed me to catch up with the Black Series, in fact this is the first time I've been actually caught up with anything Hasbro Star Wars related ever at retail.

Found Mara yesterday and nabbed her.

Still on the fence about R2, not sure if I'll get him or not considering how many I'll own by the time I'm done collecting.

Also nabbed some Star Wars LEGO on sale recently, Mandalorian Speeder, A-Wing Starfighter and just got the Republic Troopers vs. Sith Troopers off of Amazon at a reduced price.

I'm a tad dissapointed in Mara's hair sculpt though, it's a lot bigger on top than I thought she'd be and it tends to hinder her head articulation noticeably. Still this is the first time I've gotten the character in figure form, so at least she's decent enough.

I always thought she was using Luke's old Lightsaber though, shouldn't she have a blue blade?
Old 11-14-2013, 08:13 PM   #439
Robimus
Super Moderator

Emperors Hand Mara(as the figure is basically promoted) would have been working for the Palpatine from before Luke came on the scene, if only just slightly.

I believe she has the reddish blade in more recent books like Choices of One, set between ANH & ESB.

Later on she does use Luke's old blade I think, but my memory is sketchy on it. I seem to recall her taking it from clone Luuke in The Last Command.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:03 PM   #440
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

not in hand yet but BBTS is blowing out 6' Han for 10$ so I picked one up. Better then the $22-$25 you pay here.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote