ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-10-2009, 09:28 PM   #31
JTCh
Toku
Re: Revoltech Discussion

I don't know about the anime either, never was an anime person.

Just wondering, is Saber and Saber Alter the same person or two separate people?
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 01:30 AM   #32
Icetron
Master of the Universe

I believe that Saber Alter 'is' Saber, but in a different story arc she is an 'evil' servant instead of her usual good self. I really could be wrong though since I never played through the second game (Fate/hollow ataraxia, sp.?), since Saber Alter wasn't in the original game if I recall correctly.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:06 AM   #33
JTCh
Toku

Emptied out a row on my book shelf, so I filled it up with my Revoltechs. How do you guys display your Revoltechs?

Old 03-31-2009, 12:37 AM   #34
pud333
Master of the Universe

I don't keep the boxes anymore. I just didn't have the room. Unfortunately right now, they're sort of crammed up at the very top of the bookshelf, gathering dust along with my movie TFs. They're such great toys though, seriously, and I am looking forward to the original line coming back at some point.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 01:28 AM   #35
JTCh
Toku

I really like the box art, so I can't bring myself to dispose of them. Another reason is because only 3/8 is out of the box at the moment, haven't open the others yet. I need some more display room before I open more toys.
Old 03-31-2009, 12:15 PM   #36
pud333
Master of the Universe

Yeah, the boxes are cool. I particularly like the later ones where the box art is the same, but the box itself was slimmer and compact. Very cool. The Japanese sure know how to package a toy!

I sold a bunch of my revoltech last year (the Evangelion and Gurren Lagann figures, as well as some MISB doubles) and I'm sort of regretting it now whenever I see you post a Revoltech haul, haha. This morning I dusted off my TF Revoltechs. I forgot just how gorgeous the paint job on Ultramagnus was. Pearl white with a bit of shine to it. Good stuff. I think he's still my favorite, despite the limited range of motion compared to the later Revoltechs. What I love about these figures is that you can pull off poses and make it look exactly like the anime.

Last edited by pud333; 03-31-2009 at 12:27 PM.
Old 07-03-2009, 04:42 PM   #37
pud333
Master of the Universe

Anyone have any thoughts on the return of the old Revoltech line? I know a bunch of Evangelion figures were released, but man, how many of these figures can they make? I mean they're cool figures, but the Japanese obsession with Evangelion seems a bit unhealthy, IMO

Still hoping for some new TF Revoltechs soon.
Old 07-03-2009, 10:56 PM   #38
Icetron
Master of the Universe

One of the new sublines for Revoltech is the Queen's Blade figures. Aside from some 'extra' accessories, the articulation looks better than Frauleins and they're a bit closer to scale with figmas, which I welcome. I just haven't found any characters I think are worth getting yet, and I might not even end up getting any.

I'm also interested in seeing more of the new Gurren-Lagann stuff, but not sure if I will even buy any. (I'm not even sure if I want to hold onto the GL+Lazen+Enki trio anymore)
Old 12-18-2009, 07:12 PM   #39
pud333
Master of the Universe

Now that the main Revoltech line has been back up and running, I'm interested in the toys again. I've got the ARX-7 Arbalest coming in the mail. Just shipped today!

http://hlj.com/product/KYD010155

Also preordered these transforming Valkyries. I was skeptical at first, but I love how these things look.

http://hlj.com/product/KYD010186

http://hlj.com/product/KYD010179
Old 12-19-2009, 02:57 AM   #40
Icetron
Master of the Universe

I'm not sure which Valk to get...maybe both.