ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 04-07-2023, 12:45 AM   #681
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Considering discount stores are having issues unloading Castle Greyskull at $30 i hope they don't go stupid and under produce Snake Mountain. Just a regular amount of them will do.
Wow! Where are the castles going for that low?
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 03:22 AM   #682
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
Wow! Where are the castles going for that low?
Treasure Hunt. I've seen them priced that low or around there. Though discounts can vary. I believe right now it's 60% off toys.

Snagged 2 sets of Lego Star Wars AT-TE tanks last week for $70ea ($180 retail) sealed.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:52 AM   #683
Powered Convoy
Super Friend

This line has been fantastic for capturing the 1980s vibe! I really enjoy the look of the toys and the retro-style packaging.

I'm considering not getting the Snakemen (other than Kobra Khan) since it seems difficult/pricey to do so right now, and I had mostly lost interest in toys by the time they were originally introduced in 1986, so I have no direct nostalgic connection to them.

I think I'll be satisfied if I can get Dragon Blaster Skeletor (one of the few MOTU figs I had in the 80s) and then call it quits if necessary
Powered Convoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 12:04 PM   #684
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Powered Convoy View Post
This line has been fantastic for capturing the 1980s vibe! I really enjoy the look of the toys and the retro-style packaging.

I'm considering not getting the Snakemen (other than Kobra Khan) since it seems difficult/pricey to do so right now, and I had mostly lost interest in toys by the time they were originally introduced in 1986, so I have no direct nostalgic connection to them.

I think I'll be satisfied if I can get Dragon Blaster Skeletor (one of the few MOTU figs I had in the 80s) and then call it quits if necessary
I also love the interchangeable parts. It is oddly satisfying to switch out parts and make completely new characters.

I just wish I had gotten into the WWE MOTU figures earlier. I have a few and they are great additions to the line, but much like the first couple waves of Origins, they are hard to track down now for a reasonable price.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:39 PM   #685
Robimus
Super Moderator

Most the WWE motu guys never came out here.

Not like Bret Hart's would have been popular here anyway.....

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:22 AM   #686
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Most the WWE motu guys never came out here.

Not like Bret Hart's would have been popular here anyway.....

Yeah we missed more of the line than we got, but there was still a good chunk (4 waves?) that made it to regular retail. Then of course more was available at online retailers.

I just passed on them until I got into Origins. Then I picked up a few when they were still $15. After they went up in price I waited until sales. Still only snagged about 10 figures total, but would love to get more, but not at the inflated secondary market prices.

Also I would love to find a relatively cheap ring to go with my Castle Grayskull.
Old 04-14-2023, 12:22 AM   #687
MapleMegatron
Agent of Shield

Found the snake men wave at my local Walmart in Montreal
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20230413_095811.jpg (96.9 KB, 20 views)
MapleMegatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 09:21 AM   #688
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yeah we missed more of the line than we got, but there was still a good chunk (4 waves?) that made it to regular retail. Then of course more was available at online retailers.

I just passed on them until I got into Origins. Then I picked up a few when they were still $15. After they went up in price I waited until sales. Still only snagged about 10 figures total, but would love to get more, but not at the inflated secondary market prices.

Also I would love to find a relatively cheap ring to go with my Castle Grayskull.
We go quite a lot of the line. I found all but the last two waves in Walmart's across the GTA. I also love the carryover to WWE Superstar's. I have them all. Wish Warrior was packed in. The Hollywood Hogan wave just showed up at Bradford Walmart yesterday. I love the belts that come with the NWO and Shaun Michaels figs. So much nicer than the belt that came with MOTWWEU The Rock.

I never found the Skull King or First Warrior. The Andre the giant and sgt slaughter waves never came here. The last wave we got and got waaaay too much of it was the goldberg wave with the second ultimate warrior with the white and red outfit and cape.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2023, 10:36 AM   #689
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
We go quite a lot of the line. I found all but the last two waves in Walmart's across the GTA. I also love the carryover to WWE Superstar's. I have them all. Wish Warrior was packed in. The Hollywood Hogan wave just showed up at Bradford Walmart yesterday. I love the belts that come with the NWO and Shaun Michaels figs. So much nicer than the belt that came with MOTWWEU The Rock.

I never found the Skull King or First Warrior. The Andre the giant and sgt slaughter waves never came here. The last wave we got and got waaaay too much of it was the goldberg wave with the second ultimate warrior with the white and red outfit and cape.

I just can't get into the new line. First I don't really collect wrestling figure, and second, if I did I would prefer more realistic looking figures and not MOTU styled bodies.

I loved the MOTU WWE figures because they can fit in with the rest of the Origins figures, and the swappable(?) parts allow for a lot of character creation. The new Superstars line just doesn't quite line up with my aesthetic wants for Origins styled figures.
Old 04-14-2023, 11:15 AM   #690
wesperino
Mutant

I get them mainly for my son. Never collected wrestling. Sold off my origins figs. Kept the motwweu and the ring so this is the for factor he likes playing with.
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote