ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-12-2022, 02:54 AM   #5731
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Surprised to see no markup on that Venom set. $115 is just about right on current retail, if not a tiny bit less.

Two standard ML figs (Venom, Agony) would be between $35-$37 now, so say $70 for the pair.

Riot would be a BAF/Deluxe so that is what now? $53-$60 range depending on the retailer (let us not include TRU blech). So on the low will say $53?

So $70 + $53 is $123 which is more than the boxset. GREAT! HUZZAH!! We're only being slightly less taken out back to the woodshed.

I like this set, even though I have no attachment to the symbiotes outside of Venom and Carnage. However I don't like it enough to pay full price.

The way I see it. regular Marvel Legends figure is $30 and the Riot is a bigger figure that's maybe $40-50?
So it should be a $100-110 set.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 02:56 AM   #5732
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yeah Awesome that Symbiote box set finally went live again on Amazon.ca , I am totally cool with that price, I wouldn't have batted an eye at any price at this point, I have long awaited filling out the ranks of the Life Foundation , and that's the best Comic Venom so far, and It can replace that less then stellar orca head one I have, now just hoping amazon comes through.

anyways seems like Gamestop didn't put up that D+ wave yet, weird, it's on Amazon, but I'm not super concerned seeing as how I only want Howard, maybe the zombies (maybe)
I'm bummed Khonsu is the BAF since I really want that, but the wave is really meh, I wish the BAF for the Infinity Ultron wave was Khonsu and ultron was this wave.
I feel the opposite. This is probably Hasbor's worst Venom I've seen so far.
The proportions loook wrong. Like Toybiz bad. Some poses look ok but standing straight it's just a weird looking figure.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:14 AM   #5733
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
The way I see it. regular Marvel Legends figure is $30 and the Riot is a bigger figure that's maybe $40-50?
So it should be a $100-110 set.

Where exactly are you finding new release MLs for $30?

$30 hasn't been the standard retail price for ML in more than a year (two years?).

Large deluxe figures like Riot are now regularly released at $50+. They haven't been $40 in years as well.

If you mean it is your own belief that is what the price should be, then of course that is your belief. However the unfortunate reality is $30ML, $40 deluxes are not the current pricing at retail.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:09 AM   #5734
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Crazy enough I couldn't even find these figures by searching for Marvel Legends, they don't even pop up, I just thought they didn't hit the website yet, guess they did, I had to search a different way to find em.

sucks about red skull, he does seem to be the only one unavailable, maybe they will put him back up, sometimes that happens when things sell out that quick.
I searched multiple times yesterday after 1pm. Had it organized by newest to old, but for some reason the new ones aren't actually listed as the new ones are, Gi joe timber and Snakeyes, Hawkeye and Retro beast are the newest, you have to scroll down a little to find the new figures, didn't think to check that yesterday, because why would I?

And Red Skull is probably one of the ones I wanted the most. Damn it.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 11:22 AM   #5735
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
I searched multiple times yesterday after 1pm. Had it organized by newest to old, but for some reason the new ones aren't actually listed as the new ones are, Gi joe timber and Snakeyes, Hawkeye and Retro beast are the newest, you have to scroll down a little to find the new figures, didn't think to check that yesterday, because why would I?

And Red Skull is probably one of the ones I wanted the most. Damn it.
Yeah, they're sorting is not good. But the new to old is based on release date, not newly added to the site, so it's doubly confusing.

Also, the new figures were not live at 1pm. I think the earliest they went up was 1:30, maybe 2:00. Red Skull was gone by 3:24 pm.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 06:19 PM   #5736
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Hydra Stomper $40
https://www.amazon.ca/Legends-Stompe...dp/B08XB743TD/

Iron Monger $60
https://www.amazon.ca/Hasbro-Legends...dp/B08SQM1PRM/
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:32 PM   #5737
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Those prices are crazy
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:56 PM   #5738
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Anyone think that Iron monger will go lower? Or do I pull trigger now?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 08:38 PM   #5739
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

I would pull the trigger. It might go slightly lower...but that's a crazy price.

Thanks ghostlurk
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 09:11 PM   #5740
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
They're matching TRU Clearance prices. If you can find them both in store you can save an additional 15% when you buy any 2 clearance items until the end of August.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote