ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-22-2016, 01:14 PM   #311
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Agreed. Still a few too many Spideys, Caps and Iron Man repaints, but I get why they do that. I am happy they pull so much from the comics still, and not leaning too heavily on MCU figures. What kills me is all the updates they're doing to old Toybiz releases. I bought a bunch of the Toybiz figures just a couple years ago and now I can replace them again.

Hasbro is killing it with the figures that they are updating though. The only thing ToyBiz still has on them is the paint. Been pretty happy with what Hasbro has been doing for the most part.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2016, 01:42 PM   #312
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Hasbro is killing it with the figures that they are updating though. The only thing ToyBiz still has on them is the paint. Been pretty happy with what Hasbro has been doing for the most part.
For sure, Toybiz was second-to-none on paint apps. Way better than what Hasbro is doing now. But Hasbro definitely has some great body molds, and thankfully has gone back to larger-sized BAFs (though nothing like what ToyBiz used to do).
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 07:31 AM   #313
SkitchDC
Clonetrooper

Hey guys I will be reviewing the entire Giant man wave here and doing 1-2 figures per day all weekend. Please check it out and subscribe you guys are such a great crowd so far thanks very much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4gCPXXdnuk
SkitchDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 08:54 AM   #314
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
For sure, Toybiz was second-to-none on paint apps. Way better than what Hasbro is doing now. But Hasbro definitely has some great body molds, and thankfully has gone back to larger-sized BAFs (though nothing like what ToyBiz used to do).
ToyBiz BAFs were EPIC. The Sentinel is still my all time favorite Marvel Legends figure, wish I had more than one of them, especially with the new X-men wave hitting soon.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:00 AM   #315
TouchToneDialing
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
ToyBiz BAFs were EPIC. The Sentinel is still my all time favorite Marvel Legends figure, wish I had more than one of them, especially with the new X-men wave hitting soon.
I just need the head/torse to finish my first Sentinel, its a pain to get but im pretty pumped about being so close to done. Im trying to get all the old Toybiz BAF's done but its a bit of a struggle ha
TouchToneDialing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #316
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchToneDialing View Post
I just need the head/torse to finish my first Sentinel, its a pain to get but im pretty pumped about being so close to done. Im trying to get all the old Toybiz BAF's done but its a bit of a struggle ha
Would have to check, but I may have the torso. I know for sure I have a spare leg somewhere...Torso is either the sentinel or Galactus (been a long time since I went through all my spare BAF parts).

EDIT: I just did a quick search online to check the parts and its the Abs/Crotch part I have (came with Omega Red), sorry dude.

Last edited by turtle power eh; 06-24-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 12:33 PM   #317
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouchToneDialing View Post
I just need the head/torse to finish my first Sentinel, its a pain to get but im pretty pumped about being so close to done.
You and a bunch of other people (myself included)! That part, the left arm & wing of Fin Fang Foom, and the right leg of Red Hulk are on my "never-never list". I should have bought them back when the dollar was at par. Let's not even talk about Ares and Ronan!
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 05:36 PM   #318
Orchix
Super Friend

Marvel Legends Civil War 3 Pack is up on Amazon, too pricey for me, but I hope you guys enjoy it: https://www.amazon.ca/CAPTAIN-AMERIC...merica+legends
Orchix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 06:28 PM   #319
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchix View Post
Marvel Legends Civil War 3 Pack is up on Amazon, too pricey for me, but I hope you guys enjoy it: https://www.amazon.ca/CAPTAIN-AMERIC...merica+legends
Yikes! Who do they think they are ? TOYS R US ??? That price is too high !
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 06:43 PM   #320
tintin
Red Shirt

Marvel Legends X-Men wave available for pre-order on toysrus.ca (free shipping over $50.00) for $29.99 each.
tintin is offline   Reply With Quote