ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 04-17-2013, 10:08 PM   #31
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: Fan Expo Vancouver: April 20th & 21st 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Fan Expo Vancouver returns this year with a huge event set for this coming weekend. Hundreds of celebrities, artists, vendros and more will be onhand inlcuding names the like of Stan Lee, Dave Prowse, Tia Carrerre, Michael Rooker & Neal Adams just to name a few.

Tickets will be available on site at the Vancouver Convention Center, or online.
Advance tickets for Saturday is sold out! So for those who haven't bought their Saturday tickets online. You have to go lineup on Saturday.

On another note, my local TRU just got in the Mattel Batman Unlimited Wave 1 so I bought the Batman for David Finch to sign.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-17-2013 at 11:49 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 12:11 AM   #32
Robimus
Super Moderator

We will get this frontpaged soon. I'm just having some technical difficulties

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:11 AM   #33
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: Fan Expo Vancouver 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
Cool! Thanks for the info! I wanted Stan Lee's autograph, but wasn't sure if he had a picture that he would sign.
For the Stan Lee autograph, you'll probably want to bring something for him to sign. Last year at the Calgary Expo I don't recall seeing him having anything. It was pretty much just people bringing their own thing to get signed (limited to one per "ticket/session"). To be honest, it doesn't really seem all that worth while unless you got some of value to get signed (you barely get to say hi to the guy). I'd personally go for the photo op instead.

Sidenote: I just found out that the Calgary Expo's show has been completely sold out, and they won't be selling any tickets at the show itself. So basically if you don't have a ticket, don't bother going. I was just looking at Kijiji earlier and it's getting pretty out of hand. Heh, this could be you one year Fan Expo.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 01:28 AM   #34
Robimus
Super Moderator

That is not cool for Calgary.

I sense another mess coming on.

Old 04-18-2013, 01:57 AM   #35
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: Fan Expo Vancouver 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
For the Stan Lee autograph, you'll probably want to bring something for him to sign. Last year at the Calgary Expo I don't recall seeing him having anything. It was pretty much just people bringing their own thing to get signed (limited to one per "ticket/session"). To be honest, it doesn't really seem all that worth while unless you got some of value to get signed (you barely get to say hi to the guy). I'd personally go for the photo op instead.

Sidenote: I just found out that the Calgary Expo's show has been completely sold out, and they won't be selling any tickets at the show itself. So basically if you don't have a ticket, don't bother going. I was just looking at Kijiji earlier and it's getting pretty out of hand. Heh, this could be you one year Fan Expo.
Damn, I got nothing for him to sign! I was hoping he had a picture of himself so he can sign that like all those celebrities.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:04 PM   #36
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Fan Expo Vancouver starts tomorrow!
Old 04-20-2013, 05:47 PM   #37
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Gotta say the lineups r way longer than last year! Anybody still waiting in line?
Old 04-21-2013, 02:34 AM   #38
Robimus
Super Moderator

Did you get what you were looking for?

Old 04-21-2013, 04:13 AM   #39
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
Did you get what you were looking for?
Yes, I did and more! LOL! Here is pretty much what I got. I'm too tired at the moment to do a haul video and edit it (will have one up in a few days though).

Thanks for the advice Hantei! I brought a book for Stan Lee to sign (since he didn't have any pictures of himself to autograph). Lined up for 5 mins and got his autograph! It was the fastest line I have ever been in at Fan Expo.

Got Steve Epting and David Finch to sign some comics. I also got David Finch to sign the Wave 1 Batman Unlimited figure.

Visited the Aspen comic booth and got a few exclusives. The artists and writers were pretty cool and signed them all for me! I also got a Wonder Woman sketch from Siya Oum!

I picked up some comics from Taz Comics that I couldn't get from my local comic shop.

Lastly, I got to attend some cool panels! Most notable ones are Q&A with Stan Lee and Continuum. For the Continuum panel, I got a card that all the cast members in attendance signed.

Besides waiting an hour in the massive lineup just to get into the convention centre, it was a pretty good Fan Expo!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-21-2013 at 04:39 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 04:35 AM   #40
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Here is some stuff I noticed while attending Fan Expo on Saturday.

Show up early or you will be stuck waiting in line outside for awhile. At one point, the end of the line got pretty close to the beginning of the line.

Food areas in the convention center gets pretty crowded.

David Finch will most likely have a lineup to see him.

I believe Neal Adams charges for autographs.

LEGO has nice displays, but no exclusives or giveaways besides the free club magazine.

There are some vendors there that are selling ML Wave 3 and Wave 4 (they have Arch Angel there as well).

That is what I can recall at the moment.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-21-2013 at 04:41 AM.

Tags
2013, comic book convention, fan expo, fan expo vancouver, stan lee, vancouver fan expo