ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-14-2009, 01:35 PM   #11
FlightWeaponAlpha
Cobra Trooper
Send a message via Skype™ to FlightWeaponAlpha
Re: Collecting: what does it mean to you?

Wow, a great topic and some truly interesting responses.

I'm in a similar boat, I've had toys all my life, and as I grew older, my love of comics and movies has kept me wanting to have plastic figures that represent what I love. It's maybe not so much the escape for me, cause I find I have little time anymore to "play" with the figures, but man I love to open up Joes, or Super Heroes, and then see what kind of poses I can make with them and then display them.

My lifelong love os Star Wars has kept me buying and collecting the 3.75' Star Wars figures, and I am pleased I've kept up with it as Hasbro continues to improve on the design and characters for this line. And yes, Luke and Han and Vader all have too many figures, but I'm willing to see them again all the time if it means we get a Kyle Katarn, concept Anakin, Plo Koon, etc with better articulation.

I certainly have fallen out of love with a lot of the figures I've bought in the past, but now that my wife and my circle of friends are starting to have kids, I know I will always be popular as I let the kids choose figures they want from some bins when they come to visit. My wife is happy I am getting rid of clutter, I am happy that I have more room to buy new figs, and the kids are excited about a new toy that could lead to reading or getting interested in a hobby of mine! So many plus' to this for me!!

My biggest issue with collecting is that I am very impulse driven, so when there are a lot of summer blockbusters or great summer toys, I often spend WAY over budget on toys, and end up in the doghouse for it. Which can be sad, but we get through it.

I guess for me it all comes down to having the representations of characters I relate to or love from all kinds of media sources, and that is where I focus my toy collecting.

Keep the discussion going guys!!

JB
FlightWeaponAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:18 PM   #12
BeeBoy29
Re: Collecting: what does it mean to you?

like many of u guys have said i like how i can just have my fav hero sitting there and being able to play around with him it makes me feel close to the chracter and the figure
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
collecting, toys