ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News > Wrestling Toy News

Old 05-25-2016, 02:41 PM   #11
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: NECA Reveals Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Arcade Game Figures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
I am hoping that NECA will re-release these later, possibly in regular cartoon-specific paint?

It looks like they've done all new sculpts for these figures, so it'd make sense for them to make the most out of them and do a wide release of these figures in some form. And it's certainly something NECA is known for.

Also, considering how everyone is going nuts about having these (myself included!) NECA would be crazy not to make these more accessible.

But time will tell!
Dude, its not Neca holding these back from the general public. Don't think for a second that they wouldnt want to put these on as many retail shelves as possible.

There is a licensing agreement in place that dictates that Neca can only make TMNT figures in this scale as convention exclusives, and not only that but as box sets to boot. Its fact. Neca has said so...theres no official details as to who is holding them back at this point but I can say with 99.9% certainty that its Playmates toys.

So when we all pay 200 plus large for these figures instead of maybe $100, we can thank playmates toys...yet again.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 03:14 PM   #12
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Ahhhh, if that's the case, then that's a sad situation indeed.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 04:22 PM   #13
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

^^^

Super sad. Neca has by far made the best TMNT figures to date (re: the comic style turtles), and Playmates squashed the 2nd wave of those and now they are stoping this from being a homerun at retail.

Like I had mentioned above...i really wish playmates would just suck up their pride and let Neca feed the collector's market with TMNT figures and just keep making the kid's stuff.

Sadly I will end up paying out the ass for these one way or another, they are just that good.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote