ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 04-13-2013, 02:48 AM   #21
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: Fan Expo Vancouver 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
They will have 8 by 10 pictures they include in the autograph fee.

Most celebs have multiple different pictures featuring their different characters from different series. Sometimes multiples of their most prominate role as well.
Cool! Thanks for the info! I wanted Stan Lee's autograph, but wasn't sure if he had a picture that he would sign.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-13-2013 at 02:50 AM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 01:33 AM   #22
pud333
Master of the Universe

It turns out I can't go both days after all. The good news is, they were kind enough to refund me my money and I bought just for Sunday instead. I totally forgot a friend was coming in from out of town, and us guys promised to take care of the kids while the girls got to go to the salon for the afternoon. Grrr. I can't believe I agreed to that on that freaking weekend! Ah well.

I don't care for the celebrity guests, but I'm going to probably be comic hunting most of the day. Try to find some older trades, etc., considering how many comic stores will be there all at once. Last year I sort of wandered without a clue, but this year I have more of a plan. Got a list of books and stuff I want.

Last edited by pud333; 04-14-2013 at 01:38 AM.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #23
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
It turns out I can't go both days after all. The good news is, they were kind enough to refund me my money and I bought just for Sunday instead. I totally forgot a friend was coming in from out of town, and us guys promised to take care of the kids while the girls got to go to the salon for the afternoon. Grrr. I can't believe I agreed to that on that freaking weekend! Ah well.

I don't care for the celebrity guests, but I'm going to probably be comic hunting most of the day. Try to find some older trades, etc., considering how many comic stores will be there all at once. Last year I sort of wandered without a clue, but this year I have more of a plan. Got a list of books and stuff I want.
That kind of sucks that you won't be going for both days. It was pretty cool of them to give you a refund though.

The only celebrity guest I would line up and pay for an autograph is Stan Lee. For the most part, I'm going there to meet the artists and see the panels. So it's pretty much me bringing a bunch of stuff for them to sign or draw on. LOL!
Old 04-14-2013, 06:18 AM   #24
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

The Fan Expo Vancouver folks have added another event on their site. It's the limited Meet & Greet Session with Stan Lee. There will be 2 sessions and both are held at the Fairmont Waterfront Hotel:

Session 1: 7:30PM Friday, April 19th (Ticket Price: $199.99)

Session 2: 8:00AM Saturday, April 20th (Ticket Price: $179.99)

For those who want to partake in the Limited Meet & Greet with Stan Lee sessions, you will need to buy tickets for it. These aren't cheap and they are separate from the admissions fee to the convention. So if you want to go to the session and to the convention, you have to pay for both.

Here is more info on the Meet & Greet:

• Private Function limited to 100 people per session

• Photo Op with Stan Lee (with your own camera)

• Stan Lee will sign 1 autograph per paid attendee at the meet & greet session

• Exclusive presentation by Stan Lee

• Refreshments and light food will be served

• Kids Free Coupon NOT VALID at the Meet & Greet sessions

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-14-2013 at 06:21 AM.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #25
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy Gremlin View Post
That kind of sucks that you won't be going for both days. It was pretty cool of them to give you a refund though.
Yeah. They said no refunds on the site, but I emailed them and explained the situation and offerred to buy the Sunday ticket first before they refunded. So they asked me to send them the new confirmation number and they reversed the old one.

At any rate, there's not many events like this in Vancouver, so it's always a treat to go.
Old 04-14-2013, 07:47 PM   #26
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah. They said no refunds on the site, but I emailed them and explained the situation and offerred to buy the Sunday ticket first before they refunded. So they asked me to send them the new confirmation number and they reversed the old one.

At any rate, there's not many events like this in Vancouver, so it's always a treat to go.
That is really cool of them to do that! Congrats on the refund!

Yeah, I totally agree. Since I don't travel to other major conventions, it is the only place I get to meet the big name comic artists. I kept my old comics in good condition hoping one day I would finally get to meet some of the artists. With Fan Expo, I will be able to!

I am hoping at some point Fan Expo Vancouver will bring in:
Greg Capullo
Todd McFarlane
Marc Silvestri
Jim Lee
Amanda Conner
Just to name a few!

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 04-14-2013 at 07:56 PM.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:10 PM   #27
pud333
Master of the Universe

I'm sure they will eventually. Just needs to get big enough.

Unfortunately I have no old comics anymore. I had a couple long boxes of Marvel and DC, with stuff like the first appearance of Venom, Gambit, Carnage, etc. Some pretty cool stuff. My mom sold the entire box for $25 when I was away at university. Still pissed about that.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 AM   #28
cloud
Master of the Universe

This year, I'm looking forward to have James Marsters sign my Picollo figure packaging box.

I'm hoping that Fan Expo Vancouver would be big enough to invite some Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles related guest.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:11 AM   #29
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I'm sure they will eventually. Just needs to get big enough.

Unfortunately I have no old comics anymore. I had a couple long boxes of Marvel and DC, with stuff like the first appearance of Venom, Gambit, Carnage, etc. Some pretty cool stuff. My mom sold the entire box for $25 when I was away at university. Still pissed about that.
Oh no! That sucks! I made sure to hide my collection from my parents back in the days. I knew if they found it they would junk it. They considered it to be "waste of space".

My collection is composed mostly of Image Comics and some random stuff. Looking back, I was kind of surprised that I didn't have that many Marvel or DC comics.
Old 04-17-2013, 09:32 PM   #30
Robimus
Super Moderator
Fan Expo Vancouver: April 20th & 21st 2013

Fan Expo Vancouver returns this year with a huge event set for this coming weekend. Hundreds of celebrities, artists, vendros and more will be onhand inlcuding names the like of Stan Lee, Dave Prowse, Tia Carrerre, Michael Rooker & Neal Adams just to name a few.

Tickets will be available on site at the Vancouver Convention Center, or online.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fan Expo Vancover.jpg
Views:	484
Size:	5.2 KB
ID:	6485  

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2013, comic book convention, fan expo, fan expo vancouver, stan lee, vancouver fan expo