ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-10-2023, 11:03 PM   #2731
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

I wish they'd retire that pinless body until they get it figured out. People aren't going to keep buying if this keeps going on.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 03:05 AM   #2732
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I wish they'd retire that pinless body until they get it figured out. People aren't going to keep buying if this keeps going on.
The Time Force Blue figure has been notorious for the loose joint issue. I had to purchase 3 before finding one that wasn't floppy. It's a joke at this point that Hasbro can't get these simple figures correct the first time around.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2023, 04:07 AM   #2733
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
The Time Force Blue figure has been notorious for the loose joint issue. I had to purchase 3 before finding one that wasn't floppy. It's a joke at this point that Hasbro can't get these simple figures correct the first time around.
I think there's something wrong with that particular mold or the plastic they're using is just awful. Every figure using that body being loose definitely means something went very wrong during the production or pre production stages of that body mold.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 04-11-2023 at 04:10 AM.
Old 04-17-2023, 11:53 AM   #2734
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Pretty decent showing from Hasbro with the fan stream. The rest of the remastered Rangers look good. The Dragon shield gimmick is pretty neat too. We finally get a new Rita as well. Her face sculpt looks night and day compared to the first release. I'm Also liking the minotaur. They did a good job on the sculpt. It sucks the main wave is only 3 figures now from what it seems. Well, regardless the upcoming wave I'm impressed with.They all look nice and Turbo Red has chrome on the helmet which is a great touch.
Old 04-17-2023, 04:34 PM   #2735
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Pretty decent showing from Hasbro with the fan stream. The rest of the remastered Rangers look good. The Dragon shield gimmick is pretty neat too. We finally get a new Rita as well. Her face sculpt looks night and day compared to the first release. I'm Also liking the minotaur. They did a good job on the sculpt. It sucks the main wave is only 3 figures now from what it seems. Well, regardless the upcoming wave I'm impressed with.They all look nice and Turbo Red has chrome on the helmet which is a great touch.
Did they show the new Rita?

Rpm yellow looks great. Civilian head actually looks like the actress for once.

I'll be getting all the remastered figures and rpm yellow, might get turbo red if it goes on sale.

Also I'm glad it's only 3 figures a wave. Makes it less expensive to complete a wave lol.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:00 PM   #2736
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
Did they show the new Rita?

Rpm yellow looks great. Civilian head actually looks like the actress for once.

I'll be getting all the remastered figures and rpm yellow, might get turbo red if it goes on sale.

Also I'm glad it's only 3 figures a wave. Makes it less expensive to complete a wave lol.
Yes they showed Rita too. I think they're doing 3 per wave now so the figures will be able to have more go into them. Like turbo Red would probably not have the yellow paint around the neck if it were a 4 figure wave. Personally I'm fine with this if it means better and more paint apps plus better QC.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:12 PM   #2737
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Any reveals that don't include Ninja Storm Green are a disappointment to me.

Rita and Minotaur looked good, though. But I'm not in a hurry to upgrade Rita if she's a deluxe price.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 05:16 PM   #2738
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
Any reveals that don't include Ninja Storm Green are a disappointment to me.

Rita and Minotaur looked good, though. But I'm not in a hurry to upgrade Rita if she's a deluxe price.
Rita is probably day 1 for me as I sold my wedding 2-pack a while back due to not liking the rita. Minotaur I may wait.
Old 04-17-2023, 07:07 PM   #2739
Ksteel
Mutant

Good reveals for the most part, but the Hasbro pricing has me disinterested in collecting more.

Rita (at a Deluxe Price) and the Remastered figures... meh. Nearly $60 per figure is getting too ridiculous.

I bought the original MMPR LC releases for near $25 or less. That was their appeal.

While there are some minor improvements here and there, they aren't drastic enough to justify the price tags.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 07:21 PM   #2740
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Not a collector of the LC line, or anything PR anymore. However I had time to kill and watched the livestream.

First, glad to see Emily on another brand besides Joe. I know she really divides the fans for whatever reason, but I like her personality and I think she does a great job for someone too young to have grown up with the brands (Joe especially).

Second, I only have the Sphinx guy from early on because he was $15 at Winners one day last year when I was browsing. He is a great figure, and I use him as a guardian/statue for a temple the Joes and Cobra are searching. However I have to say that some of those reveals today were pretty outstanding.

I didn't realize there was a Netflix movie/show/whatever with a continuation of the MMPR team (well some of them). I heard something, but I thought it was some kind of retrospective. As sad as it was to see how old the actors looked, it did warm my heart to see them back in action (even though I was a bit old for MMPR when it came out). I like how they did the usual PR stunt and brought back Rita, but with a robot face!!!! Hilarious, but hey it works for PR.

As for the figures, I don't have any real attachment to the Rangers, but man that Rita and Minotaur look pretty damn great. I might be tempted by them, but only on sale.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote